Primarily responsible for development and execution of company-wide diagnostic strategies for all of BYTON. Lead the corporate diagnostic requirements definition and communication with internal and external teams.
- Work with teams of Engineers and Managers to develop, execute, DIAGNOSTICS strategies, communications, validation methods, and tools
- Support suppliers and other vehicle/system teams and departments in planning and use of test automation suite and bench testing (manual and/or automated)
- Lead the corporate diagnostics core strategy
- Work with gateway team to implement diagnostics requirements for UDS over CAN and DoIP
- Advise and guide component teams on diagnostics implementation requirements
- Analyze diagnostic logs to troubleshoot component deviations.
- Perform Competitive Benchmarking as per company guidelines and program needs.
- Evaluate new ECU component hardware and technology for compliance with diagnostic strategies. Analyze, plan, and solve complex system problems related to diagnostic development.
- Lead or actively participate in the development of diagnostic algorithms to address new requirements
- Lead or actively participate in meetings with management, product design, and systems teams.
- Track, Escalate and help Resolve diagnostics issues, present summaries, and reports - as needed
- Bachelors (required) or Masters (preferred) degree in Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of delivering technical products as a Specialist, Staff Engineer or Lead Engineer
- 5+ years of experience with diagnostics communication, validation methods and test tools
- Experience designing diagnostics on CAN and DoIP
- Engineering/Design Release/Manufacturing/Quality experience in an OEM (preferred)
- Experience of C / C++, VB, Matlab/Simulink, INCA, CAN, Minitab, Doors, JIRA, JAMA, etc.
- Experience and/or thorough knowledge of ISO (9001, 9141, 26262, 14229, 15504, 16949, etc.), SPICE, ECE, EOBD, CNCA/GB, FMVSS, SAE (J1850, J1962, J1978, J1979, J2012, J2178, etc.) standards
- Relevant technical and professional accreditations
- Experience of developing future technology strategies