You are a Prototyping and Manufacturing expert who's capable of leveraging your thorough understanding of tooling technologies, electronics assembly, and line programming.
- Be the go to technical support and key contact for suppliers and Contract Manufacturing sites (CM), and help drive the onsite process development for Cloud, Connectivity, and Security components for our connected car.
- Review and optimize manufacturing infrastructure designs for cost, stability, part dimensional accuracy, part quality, and cycle time.
- Collaborate with product design, industrial design, project management and business operations to ensure supply of new and existing products.
- Provide detailed assessments and critical reviews of engineering designs/drawings of components and assemblies for both new and sustaining products.
- Creation and/or review of detailed Manufacturing plans and instructions to support new processes and equipment.
- Provide training to technicians and line operators.
- Provide DFM (Design for Manufacturability) recommendations to design team for process and yield improvement
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to travel internationally to support/approve processes for vendors and CMs.
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing operations and new product introduction.
- Experience in high volume production on electronic components.
- Knowledge of production fixturing, inspection processes, test station setup, and overall manufacturing quality control.
- Proven track record of yield improvements, project management, manufacturing automation, cost reduction, and engineering design.
- Experience creating documentation such as technical specifications for manufacturing equipment and process.
- Experience transitioning products from prototype to production.
- Experience introducing new products and new processes into a production environment.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills - strong technical writing ability and proactive in reaching out to others.
- Proficiency designing mechanical equipment, fixturing and tooling in CAD (SolidWorks, Catia or similar) a plus.
- Knowledgeable about production quality metrics is a plus.
- Experience working with ESD sensitive components is a plus.