Staff Hardware Engineer
Join the Cloud Connected Security team that’s responsible for Architecting and defining the Vehicle Network Hardware for Byton’s fleet of connected vehicles
- Ownership of the vehicle’s vehicle network hardware from initial concept and through manufacturing bring up
- Perform schematic capture and review, PCB design review, and electrical BOM release.
- Develop hardware validation plans and review test results.
- Bring up, analyze, validate, and characterize hardware designs. Determine performance characteristics and document findings.
- Proactively participate in technical discussions and collaborate with some of industries brightest talent from cross functioning mechanical, firmware, software, and program management teams
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of experience in electrical hardware development.
- Experience in designing digital hardware system with MCU, Microprocessor, FPGA, highs speed memories (LPDDR/eMMC), and Networking..
- Experience in various bus architectures and interfaces such as USB(2/3/Type C), SDIO, MIPI. And PCIE
- Experience in low power design, power conversion, and battery management.
- Proven ability in analyzing root cause, complex design debugging, and problem solving with engineering test equipment.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal guidance and ability in handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to work cross‐functionally along with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in any of following areas will be added advantage: WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, cellular
- , EMI/EMC/ESD compliance, and Signal Integrity analysis.
- Experience in hardware product development with organization developing portable consumer devices is a plus.
- Must have in-depth technical expertise with the latest manufacturing technologies and feasibility execution to achieve systems requirements and world-class craftsmanship/performance targets.
- Must be self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve and learn.
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with latest dimensional and tolerancing best practices.
- Utilize DFSS methodologies as appropriate during the design, build and validation of sub-system and components.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage complex projects with tight timing constraints, providing examples of such scenarios throughout ones career.