Byteboard has redesigned the ineffective technical interviewing process to be more reflective of what engineers do on-the-job through a project-based approach. We help high-growth companies, like Lyft, Betterment, and Figma, scale their engineering teams through a more effective, efficient, and equitable interview that’s loved by candidates and hiring managers alike.
This opportunity at Byteboard includes an ever-growing market of new customers, a highly enthusiastic customer base, and the chance to help scale Byteboard to become the industry standard for technical interviewing. You’ll be joining a fantastic team at a magical time as we strive to change the industry for the better.
Who we're looking for
Byteboard is looking to bring on a Recruiter to help scale our team's talent acquisition operations. Our ideal candidate for this role has experience with full-cycle recruitment across both technical and non-technical roles. This is a great role for individuals interested in partnering with hiring managers to bring on the best talent to support our product growth and future of Byteboard.
What you'll do at Byteboard
- Manage full cycle recruiting for multiple searches (technical and non-technical) developing creative souring strategies and engagement to bring on the best talent to Byteboard
- Coordinate closely with hiring managers to innovate our strategy for talent pooling to meet hiring needs and goals
- Develop and implement processes around staffing strategy and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)
- Recruit talent and achieve agreed upon hiring goals while providing a high-quality experience to our candidates from application to offer
- Own assigned special projects (as needed)
We would love to hear from any interested candidates who meet the required qualifications below. If you do not meet some or all of the bonus qualifications but see yourself in this role, please reach out anyway! We’d love to hear from you.
- 2-3 years of full-cycle recruiting/sourcing experience, preferably in early stage start-ups
- Experience using ATS/CRM recruiting systems and a variety of recruiting resources
- Proficiency in traditional and unique sourcing techniques
- Experience partnering with hiring managers
- Available for collaborative work Monday - Friday from 10am-3pm PT (regardless of location).
- Are authorized to work in the US or Canada and located in the US or Canada.
Pluses (but not required)
- 1 year experience in agency recruitment or partnering with search professionals.
- Experience leading talent acquisition networking events
About the Founders
We met at a social enterprise themed Startup Weekend at Google in Dec 2017. A conversation around building more diverse technical workplaces turned into an hours-long session about our own experiences in the tech industry. Sargun was a Software Engineer on the Google Photos team at the time, and Nikke was a Product Manager on the Google Shopping team.
That one conversation led us to researching and surveying our peers on their experiences with technical interviews which led to the idea of interviews that actually evaluated for on-the-job skills and well, it’s been almost 4 years since. We’ve had exec coaches since the start and continually push each other to be better leaders and peers. We’re product-oriented, quite scrappy when necessary, and sometimes are way too extra when making decks (among other things).
Nikke is originally from San Diego and recently gave up her California lifestyle to move to New York to feed her three obsessions: theatre, salsa dancing, and Levain Oatmeal Raisin cookies. Sargun lives in the Bay Area, where she grew up, but the pandemic has thrown her into a nomadic-life so you might find her in New York, Portland, or Punjab; she is a stress baker, an artist, and in love with her golden retriever August. Nikke and Sargun share a mutual love for fine dining, exceptionally aesthetic AirBnbs, and contemporary romance novels.
We are committed to building an equity-driven workplace with a team that is as intersectional as our users and investors. This means meeting with and hiring candidates who are underrepresented in tech, and we will not fill this position without first meeting with a representative group of candidates.