Byteboard has redesigned the ineffective technical interviewing process to be more reflective of what engineers do on-the-job through a project-based approach. We help high-growth companies, like Lyft, Betterment, and Figma, scale their engineering teams through a more effective, efficient, and equitable interview that’s loved by candidates and hiring managers alike.
This opportunity at Byteboard includes an ever-growing market of new customers, a highly enthusiastic customer base, and the chance to help scale Byteboard to become the industry standard for technical interviewing. You’ll be joining a fantastic team at a magical time as we strive to change the industry for the better.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking to bring on our first Account Executive as we transition from founder-led sales to a repeatable, scalable sales function, which means you will be a foundational team member. Byteboard is by and large driven by product-led sales. You will be in a semi-full cycle role; taking discovery calls to closed won deals. Also, no cold calls.
You will be selling to People/HR leaders and CTOs/VP of Eng technical leaders to support them through their evaluation/trial process, and to help them buy a world-class product.
What you’ll do at Byteboard
- Own the most important metric in the business: net-new revenue
- Work closely with the sales leader and CEO to scale up the sales process
- Give thorough discovery calls, qualify firmly, manage trials and expectations, and push deals through all the usual closing steps (legal, infosec, procurement, etc.)
- Our lead generation has historically been inbound heavy (with a large percentage of referrals) with highly personalized outbound campaigns for target accounts.
- Keep your deals updated in the CRM for weekly pipeline reviews and to prepare hand-off notes to the CX team.
- Be a company and brand advocate: our customers love us and our authenticity.
- Support the CX, product, and engineering teams as you receive feedback from prospects to align with product strategy and direction
- Available for collaborative work Monday - Friday from 10a-3p PT (regardless of location)
- Are authorized to work in the US or Canada and located in the US or Canada
- This is a remote friendly role. Bonus points if you're located in the San Francisco Bay Area or New York City.
We would love to hear from any interested candidates who meet the required qualifications below. If you do not meet some or all of the bonus qualifications but see yourself in this role, please reach out anyway! We’d love to hear from you.
- 3-4+ years of closing in B2B SaaS and ideally mid-market/enterprise segments
- Consistently hits or is above quota
- Naturally persuasive, curious, and personable with excellent discovery and closing skills.
- Relentless about hitting goals. If one path fails, can quickly find another path.
- A self starter who can be scrappy and get things done with few resources. Someone who is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong written, verbal, non-verbal communication skills.
- A keen interest in helping to efficiently scale an early-stage sales process
- High confidence, low ego, and a good human being.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Available for collaborative work Monday - Friday from 9am-3pm PT (regardless of location).
- Are authorized to work / located in the US or Canada.
Pluses (but not required)
- Prior experience in selling to HR or Technical leaders
- You have already seen a startup grow and learned what did and didn't work.
- You have a technical background that allows you to personally empathize with the problem we are solving.
Byteboard’s product philosophy echoes in our interview process. We’ll dive deep into your past work experiences and have you work through exercises focused on the skills you’ll need to be successful day-to-day as an Account Executive at Byteboard.
About the Founders
We met at a social enterprise themed Startup Weekend at Google in Dec 2017. A conversation around building more diverse technical workplaces turned into an hours-long session about our own experiences in the tech industry. Sargun was a Software Engineer on the Google Photos team at the time, and Nikke was a Product Manager on the Google Shopping team.
That one conversation led us to researching and surveying our peers on their experiences with technical interviews which led to the idea of interviews that actually evaluated for on-the-job skills and well, it’s been almost 4 years since. We’ve had exec coaches since the start and continually push each other to be better leaders and peers. We’re product-oriented, quite scrappy when necessary, and sometimes are way too extra when making decks (among other things).
Nikke is originally from San Diego and recently gave up her California lifestyle to move to New York to feed her three obsessions: theatre, salsa dancing, and Levain Oatmeal Raisin cookies. Sargun lives in the Bay Area, where she grew up, but the pandemic has thrown her into a nomadic-life so you might find her in New York, Portland, or Punjab; she is a stress baker, an artist, and in love with her golden retriever August. Nikke and Sargun share a mutual love for fine dining, exceptionally aesthetic AirBnbs, and contemporary romance novels.
We are committed to building an equity-driven workplace with a team that is as intersectional as our users and investors. This means meeting with and hiring candidates who are underrepresented in tech, and we will not fill this position without first meeting with a representative group of candidates.