JOIN OUR MISSION 🚀
A BIT ABOUT US...
BTYE/DEPT® is a marketing technology agency based in London, New York, and Berlin on a mission to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We bring together data, technology, content, and paid media to drive revenue for brands. Our clients include Spotify, Twitch, Google, and Savage X Fenty. Since being founded in 2014, our team has grown to more than 150 brilliant people.
BTYE/DEPT® is part of DEPT®, a leading digital agency with 27 offices in 13 countries around the world.
- Digital strategy
- Creative idea generation
- Digital content production
- Dynamic creative and assets at scale
- Chatbot design & build
- AR lenses
- Automated digital products
- R&D emerging technologies
- MarTech consultancy
- Paid media strategy
- Biddable media planning & buying
- Automation of processes
- Data analytics & insights
We call this position Lead Creative Planner internally, but it’s most similar to what you might call a Lead Creative Strategist or Lead Copywriter.
Our Creative Planners are responsible for coming up with ideas that capture the audience's attention, inspire behavioral change and make a real difference to our clients’ businesses. We need someone to help lead and manage this team and help us innovate on our creative offering.
As a Lead Creative Planner, you will be able to develop brilliant ideas while guiding and motivating the people around them. In your day-to-day, you’ll be tasked with big thinking and cultural research as well as guiding ideas and language. As a Lead, you will also support other Creative Planners with creative and strategic vision, unlocking the personal strengths of the individuals working alongside you. You will work closely with designers, videographers, editors, and photographers to execute your ideas with a high level of craft.
This role requires close collaboration and integration with all areas of the business (media, tech, and data) and you will be expected to be able to frame your work in a solid strategy that’s grounded in insight and underpinned by a deep understanding of digital platforms and paid advertising formats.
The role of Lead Creative Planner is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Lead creative projects, finding new ways to inspire audiences with creative ideas
- Collaborate on copywriting projects and a bit of art direction
- Oversee and support Creative Planners in delivering the best possible work
- Juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Work with Creative Leadership to foster a stimulating environment, resulting in the happiness, retention and quality output of Creative Planners
- Present work to senior clients
- Help to grow our creative offering, making sure we’re taking advantage of the latest tech and most advanced approaches, as well as expanding into new platforms
- Participate in new business pitches
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years relevant experience within a creative advertising role, including creative strategy and/or copywriting
- Deep knowledge of digital paid media, particularly paid social media formats
- Understanding of best practices for organic social
- Experience leading and inspiring a project team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Exposure to digital marketing campaigns that have increased sales
- Ability to work with senior clients
- Ability to remain focused under pressure
- A love for learning and teaching new things
- Great interpersonal and listening skills
- A high attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Experience with shoots
- Experience working with talent
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Self-starting, reliable and dependable
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Open to feedback and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Sense of humour