JOIN OUR MISSION 🚀
A BIT ABOUT US...
Byte/Dept® is a marketing technology agency based in London, New York and Berlin on a mission to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We bring together data, technology, content, and paid media to drive revenue for brands. Our clients include Spotify, ASOS, Just Eat Takeaway, Twitch, Zoopla, TikTok, and Tinder. Since being founded in 2014, Byte/Dept® has grown to more than 170 brilliant people.
Dept is a leading digital agency with 27 offices in 13 countries around the world.
- Digital strategy
- Creative idea generation
- Digital content production
- Dynamic creative and assets at scale
- Chatbot design & build
- AR lenses
- Automated digital products
- R&D emerging technologies
- MarTech consultancy
- Web 3.0 Consultancy
- Metaverse Content Development and Production
- Paid media strategy
- Biddable media planning & buying
- Automation of processes
- Data analytics & insights
This is a leadership role on our Creative Planning team. The title will be Senior Lead Creative Planner, but it’s equivalent to a Senior Social Strategist or an Associate Director of Community Management.
Creative Planners at Byte/Dept® are responsible for coming up with ideas that capture the audience's attention, inspire behavioral change, and make a real difference to our clients’ businesses. A Senior Lead develops brilliant ideas, unlocks potential in junior and mid-level Community Planners, and builds bridges with our clients in tandem with leadership on the Design and Account teams.
You’ll model creative excellence, build career paths for up-and-coming creatives, and unlock new opportunities for our clients and our business. You’ll work closely with designers, videographers, editors, and photographers to execute ideas at the highest level of craft, and you’ll partner with account, media, and tech team members to explore new creative frontiers.
This role requires an entrepreneurial spirit, experience managing and training junior creatives, and close collaboration with all areas of the business. You’ll feel just as comfortable with big ideas and the minutiae of post copy; and you will be expected to be able to frame your work in a solid strategy that’s grounded in insight and underpinned by a deep understanding of digital platforms and paid advertising formats.
The base compensation for this full-time position will be between $105,000 - $120,000. Salary will commensurate with the person's appropriate work experience.
The role of Senior Lead Creative Planner is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Drive organic content strategies that engage our clients’ audiences
- Lead content creation from ideation through delivery
- Generate original ideas that inspire audiences
- Build decks and present them in a way that gets clients excited about those ideas
- Manage 3-5 Community Planners, helping them grow while delivering the best possible work
- Play a key role in production, including overseeing and planning shoots
- Work with leadership to foster a stimulating environment, resulting in the happiness, retention and quality output of creative planners
- Help to grow our creative offering, making sure we’re taking advantage of the latest tech and most advanced approaches, as well as expanding into new platforms
- Participate in new business pitches
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years relevant experience within a creative advertising role, including community management and social strategy
- Deep knowledge of organic social media
- Experience with managing direct reports
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Experience building social strategies that have made an impact on clients’ businesses
- Ability to work with senior clients
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and get things done on a tight deadline
- A love for learning and teaching new things
- A high attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Experience in the gaming and/or music industries
- Experience working with talent (including celebrities, artists, and/or influencers)
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people.
Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect:
- 20 vacation days, 5 personal / sick days plus 11 observed public holidays and your birthday off each year
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- FSA and HSA benefits
- 401(k) plus plus company matching
- Commuter benefit program
- Flexible working*
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Events throughout the year to promote health & wellbeing
- Training & development opportunities
- Events calendar throughout the year promoting health & wellbeing, learning, fun, and good Bytes
- Global Annual Dept Cares Day which cadets can donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual Dept Festival
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office, our flexible working approach may include a combination of office and remote working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Self-starting, reliable and dependable
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Open to feedback and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Sense of humour