Group Account Heads lead on all the work we deliver for a suite of clients and they sit in our structure alongside the other ‘Heads of...’ (e.g. Media, Creative).
We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles. This person will oversee development of the strategy for the brands they lead, including managing a team. They will represent Byte/Dept® to our clients, adding value to relationships beyond organisational skills doing a mixture of account management and strategic planning, not your typical suit.
We need someone who understands our client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create strategies and ideas that exceed expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. We need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that are framed in a solid strategy grounded in insight and ultimately deliver a tangible ROI for our clients. Most importantly, we need a leader who inspires their team and earns the respect of senior clients.
Candidates must have experience managing teams and complex campaigns for brands and be calm and controlled in high pressure situations. Equally, experience with delivering commercial success in an agency model is important.
The role of a Group Account Head is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Work in partnership with senior clients to develop annual strategies
- Oversee teams to develop brilliant digital content (creative, production)
- Lead, line-manage, motivate and inspire your team
- Lead contract negotiations and oversee the implementation of commercial agreements
- Deliver and track profitable growth for your clients
- Oversee deliverables from across the business (content, technology, media, data)
- Ensure delivery of work is to the highest possible standard
- Ensure constant innovation across all deliverables
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Oversee budget management for clients, including campaigns and always on activity
- Manage relationships with platforms and partners
- Present work internally and externally
- Complete work to deadline and often under pressure
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people. To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- Extensive experience in roles servicing clients in an agency environment
- Experience leading, motivating and coaching teams of 10+ people
- Experience managing large client and agency teams
- Experience managing complex campaigns (experience in paid social preferred)
- Experience with campaign content production and budget management
- Experience working on a global brand
- Confident with both brand and conversion/direct-response campaigns
- Inspiring and able to create a proactive and energised team culture
- Experience working directly with director and C-level clients on strategy development
- Excellent project management skills, able to find the most efficient ways of working
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- A high attention to detail and excellent organisational skills / time management skills E
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people. Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off each year
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off each year
- Company Pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- EAP scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible working*
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Training & development opportunities
- Events calendar throughout the year promoting health & wellbeing, learning, fun, and good Bytes
- Global Annual Dept Cares Day which cadets can donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual Dept Festival
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach will include a hybrid mode of working incorporating remote and in-office working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Self-starting, reliable and dependable
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Open to feedback and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Sense of humour