JOB DESCRIPTION: Lead Creative
Internally, this role is known as Lead Creative Planner
Creative Planners are responsible for coming up with ideas that capture the audience's attention, inspire behaviour change and make a real difference to our clients’ businesses. We need someone to help lead and manage this team and help us innovate our creative offering.
As a Lead Creative Planner, you’ll be able to develop brilliant ideas whilst guiding and motivating the people around them. You’ll be able to support other creative planners with creative and strategic guidance, personal development and training, unlocking the personal strengths of the individuals they oversee. You will work closely with Designers, (Motion / AR / Conversation) and videographers, editors, photographers to execute their ideas with a high level of craft.
This role requires close collaboration and integration with all areas of the business (media, tech and data) and you will be expected to be able to frame your work in a solid strategy that’s grounded in insight and underpinned by a deep understanding of digital platforms and paid advertising formats.
The role of Lead Creative Planner is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Lead creative projects, finding new ways to inspire audiences with creative ideas
- Oversee and support creative planners in delivering the best possible work
- Juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Play a key role in production, including overseeing and planning shoots
- Team leadership: work with the Head of Creative and other Lead and Senior Lead Creative Planners to foster a stimulating environment, resulting in the happiness, retention and quality output of creative planners
- Present work to senior clients
- Help to grow our creative offering, making sure we’re taking advantage of the latest tech and most advanced approaches, as well as expanding into new platforms
- Participate in new business pitches
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- Solid experience within a creative advertising role, including copywriting and/or art direction
- Experience of leading and inspiring a team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience on set, shooting video and stills content
- Deep knowledge of digital paid media, particularly paid social media formats
- Exposure to digital marketing campaigns that have increased sales
- Ability to work with senior clients
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and get stuff done on a tight deadline
- A love for learning and teaching new things
- Great interpersonal and listening skills
- A high attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Gen Z / youth culture
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people. Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off each year
- Company Pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- EAP scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible working*
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Training & development opportunities
- Events calendar throughout the year promoting health & wellbeing, learning, fun, and good Bytes
- Global Annual Dept Cares Day which cadets can donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual Dept Festival
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach will include a hybrid mode of working incorporating remote and in-office working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Self-starting, reliable and dependable
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Open to feedback and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Sense of humour