Bynder goes far beyond managing digital assets. Our digital asset management platform enables teams to conquer the chaos of proliferating content, touchpoints, and relationships in order to thrive.
With powerful and intuitive solutions that embrace the way people want to work, and a richly integrated ecosystem, We are the brand ally that unifies and transforms the creation and sharing of assets, inspiring teams, delighting customers, and elevating businesses.
Our 500+ employees, known as ‘Byndies’, together constitute the world’s most extensive pool of digital asset management expertise. We enable more than 1.7M users across more than 3,700 organizations, including Spotify, Puma, Five Guys and Icelandair.
Founded in 2013, we have eight offices around the globe, including the Netherlands, USA, Spain, UK, Australia and UAE. For more information, visit www.bynder.com.
About the role:
Our SAAS platform is seen as one of the best in the DAM industry and we attribute a big part of our success to the talented and hardworking engineers we have in our tech teams. We are becoming one of the fastest-growing scale-ups of The Netherlands and have big plans and the ambition to be the fastest-growing scale-up in the world. This is why we are looking for a Backend Engineer who would like to grow with us!
In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class engineers. We are looking for a software engineer who is excited about launching new products and features into production, who can work autonomously and isn't afraid to try new technologies, and who doesn't back down from the challenges of scale.
What you will do:
- Design, implement and improve features in a distributed microservices architecture.
- Write and maintain scalable, performant code.
- Work closely with Product managers to take Bynder's platform to the next level.
- Inspire other engineers with your creativity and knowledge sharing.
- Being an internal consultant - You are willing and able to step away from the keyboard and talk to stakeholders to understand what the business needs.
What will you bring as a Backend Engineer:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Software Engineering.
- Experience in writing applications in Python, Scala or Java - Java preferred.
- Experience implementing highly-available distributed systems/microservices.
- Experience building scalable backend APIs.
- Experience working with relational databases - Postgres, MySQL.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases - Solr, ElasticSearch and MongoDB.
- A belief in high quality code, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies.
What will you bring as a colleague:
- A critical thinking mindset and the courage to speak your mind.
- A growth mindset and the determination to improve yourself and others.
- Great communication skills in English.
What we offer:
- Challenging and inspiring work environment.
- Flat hierarchy where your voice will be truly heard.
- Opportunity to initiate your own projects.
- An experienced team which is ready to welcome you anytime.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Competitive monthly compensation.
- Apple gear.
- Daily lunch.
- Hybrid working environment: we have a great office in the city centre of Barcelona.
Why you'll love Bynder!
At Bynder, innovation is in our DNA. We've worked hard to build an environment that promotes creative thinking and self-initiative within a culture of fun. It’s common to find colleagues hanging out after work - if you believe in "be nice, work hard, have fun", you'll have an office full of friends.
Bynder Love is the principle that guides the way we grow our teams, support our employees, and celebrate our differences. At Bynder we strive to create a culture that embraces every Byndie because differences in background, experience, and perspective makes Bynder even better. At Bynder a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees, whatever their ethnicity, color, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or physical and mental ability are valued and respected. Our commitment is for all Byndies to have the freedom to be their true authentic selves.
Just as we are never finished innovating, Bynder’s commitment to being An Even Better Bynder is a constant, evolving commitment that includes education, listening, and action.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V