Bynder goes far beyond managing digital assets. Our digital asset management platform enables teams to conquer the chaos of proliferating content, touchpoints, and relationships in order to thrive.
With powerful and intuitive solutions that embrace the way people want to work, and a richly integrated ecosystem, We are the brand ally that unifies and transforms the creation and sharing of assets, inspiring teams, delighting customers, and elevating businesses.
Our 500+ employees, known as ‘Byndies’, together constitute the world’s most extensive pool of digital asset management expertise. We enable more than 1.7M users across more than 3,700 organizations, including Spotify, Puma, Five Guys and Icelandair.
Founded in 2013, we have eight offices around the globe, including the Netherlands, USA, Spain, UK, Australia and UAE. For more information, visit www.bynder.com.
Bynder is becoming one of the fastest growing scale-ups in The Netherlands and have big plans and ambitions. This is why we are looking for a DevOps Engineer who would like to grow with us!
We pioneered the SaaS model for Digital Asset Management, which is a large growing part of the marketing technology industry. Our SAAS platform is seen as one of the best in the industry.
Bynder helps visionary brands accelerate growth through the power of creative content and branding. Our software helps over 1.4 million creative, branding and marketing professionals, by streamlining the creation, distribution and management of digital assets.
We are dynamic and rapidly growing. We value collaboration and diverse perspectives. Our team believes that work-life balance is a critical element for any work environment, and we value learning.
Bynder is backed by Insight Partners, with offices in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Boston, San Mateo, London, Barcelona and Dubai.
What you will do:
You will be working as part of the Developer Experience team, where we focus on improving the development lifecycle and efficiency of our Engineers.
One of our goals for this year is to improve our development environments to a point where all our Engineers like to use it.
Next to this you‘ll also work closely with a product development team where you will coach and help the team with cross-cutting concerns like monitoring/alerting and architectural decisions.
What you will do in your day to day:
- Build and maintain our production infrastructure to ensure scalability and high-availability while maximizing development team efficiency;
- Help troubleshoot and debug complex issues related to product and infrastructure;
- Ensure that proactive and efficient monitoring is in place for all our vital microservices, while an advanced alerting system is notifying us for unusual behavior;
- Automate all the things. If something is worth doing, is definitely worth automating;
- Maintain our Continuous Integration and Deployment systems and libraries;
- Provide insights into scalability and maintenance to developers;
- Continue development on our Developer Portal implementation (we’re using Backstage!);
Who you are:
- You love ownership; you design it, you build it, you own it!
- Self-motivated individual as well as being a team player in the Developer Experience team;
- You have worked as a DevOps engineer (or similar position like Software Engineer, Cloud Engineer) for at least 2 years;
- You have experience in architecting systems based on functional and non-functional requirements;
- You are comfortable designing and developing systems and libraries that will help our Engineers become more efficient.
- You love observability and monitoring everything while keeping noise at a low point;
You know about:
- Container Orchestration and Containerization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker);
- Linux based systems;
- Public Clouds (we use Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform);
- Continuous Integration, Delivery & Deployments (Jenkins);
- Cloud Orchestration, Automation & Service configuration (preferably Terraform and Ansible);
- Monitoring/Alerting (ELK, Cloudwatch, Prometheus, Grafana);
- Distributed Tracing systems (Grafana, Tempo, OpenTelemetry, Jaeger);
- Programming Languages (we mainly use Python, Typescript and Java);
We are open to reviewing strong candidates who do not meet all these preferred qualifications/skills but demonstrate potential to learn them on the job.
What we offer:
- An exciting position in an international agile organization and expansive entrepreneurial freedom with strong growth potential;
- Company laptop (Apple gear);
- Unlimited vacation policy;
- Competitive remuneration;
- Lots of opportunities to learn and develop your skills (Conferences, LinkedIn Learning, Courses, etc…)
- Free in-office lunch and drinks (when in Office);
- Stipend for home office use;