Bynder goes far beyond managing digital assets. Our digital asset management platform enables teams to conquer the chaos of proliferating content, touchpoints, and relationships in order to thrive.
With powerful and intuitive solutions that embrace the way people want to work, and a richly integrated ecosystem, We are the brand ally that unifies and transforms the creation and sharing of assets, inspiring teams, delighting customers, and elevating businesses.
Our 500+ employees, known as ‘Byndies’, together constitute the world’s most extensive pool of digital asset management expertise. We enable more than 1.7M users across more than 3,700 organizations, including Spotify, Puma, Five Guys and Icelandair.
Founded in 2013, we have eight offices around the globe, including the Netherlands, USA, Spain, UK, Australia and UAE. For more information, visit www.bynder.com.
Our SAAS platform is seen as one of the best in the DAM industry and we attribute a big part of our success to the talented and hardworking engineers we have in our tech teams. We are becoming one of the fastest-growing scale-ups of The Netherlands and have big plans and the ambition to be the fastest-growing scale-up in the world. This is why we are looking for a Backend Engineer who would like to grow with us!
In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class engineers. We are looking for a developer who is excited about launching new products and features into production, who can work autonomously and isn’t afraid to try new technologies, and who doesn’t back down from the challenges of scale. Our new engineer has experience building core services and web-based APIs from the ground up, cares just as much about the product itself as the technology that powers it, and is capable of both structuring and writing clean, maintainable code with quality baked in.
What you will do:
- Design, implement and improve features in a distributed microservices architecture
- Write and maintain scalable, performant code
- Work closely with Product managers to take Bynder’s platform to the next level
- Inspire other engineers with your creativity and knowledge sharing
- Being an internal consultant - You are willing and able to step away from the keyboard and talk to stakeholders to understand what the business needs
What you have:
- Experience in writing applications in Python, Scala or Java
- Knowledge in implementing highly-available distributed systems/microservices
- You know about building scalable backend APIs
- Knowledge on working with relational databases - Postgres, MySQL preferred
- Familiar with NoSQL databases - ElasticSearch and MongoDB preferred
- A strong believe in high quality code, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Comfort in learning new technologies and systems
- Reliability, responsibility, action-oriented and passion for delivery
- Strong interpersonal - and communication skills with a bias towards action
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience in the industry
- Fluency in English
Why you'll love Bynder!
At Bynder, innovation is in our DNA. We've worked hard to build an environment that promotes creative thinking and self-initiative within a culture of fun. It’s common to find colleagues hanging out after work - if you believe in "be nice, work hard, have fun", you'll have an office full of friends.
What we have:
- Challenging and inspiring work environment
- Flat hierarchy where your voice will be truly heard
- Opportunity to initiate your own projects
- An experienced team is ready to welcome you anytime
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive monthly compensation
- Apple gear
- Daily lunch
- Drinks at the Bynder Bar :-)
- Amazing office in the heart of Amsterdam
Bynder Love is the principle that guides the way we grow our teams, support our employees, and celebrate our differences. At Bynder we strive to create a culture that embraces every Byndie because differences in background, experience, and perspective make Bynder even better. At Bynder a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees, whatever their ethnicity, color, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or physical and mental ability are valued and respected. Our commitment is for all Byndies to have the freedom to be their true authentic selves.
Just as we are never finished innovating, Bynder’s commitment to being An Even Better Bynder is a constant, evolving commitment that includes education, listening, and action.