Bynder helps visionary brands like Spotify, PUMA, and Icelandair accelerate growth through the power of creative content and branding. Our software helps over 1.4 million creative, branding and marketing professionals streamlining the creation, distribution and measurement of digital assets. We pioneered the SaaS model for Digital Asset Management, which is a large and growing part of the $121 billion martech industry. Bynder is backed by Insight Partners, with offices in Amsterdam, Boston, Rotterdam, San Carlos, London, Barcelona and Dubai.
We attribute a big part of our success to the talented and hardworking engineers we have in our tech teams. In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of engineers. The teams are agile and we welcome thinkers and doers alike.
In this role, you will:
- Shape the future architecture of the Bynder platform through the development of high performance, distributed, backend platform built with micro services
- Be part of a highly skilled and motivated team driven to deliver top-quality features with efficiency, performance and scalability in mind
- Characterize complex problems related to the scalability, reliability, performance, and security of production systems.
- Strong experience in design patterns, object-oriented and functional design and development
- Design, develop, test, and maintain distributed software systems built with Scala and Akka in a cloud-native environment.
- Have a passion for learning and a team player willing to mentor where possible and learn from fellow team members where required
- Inspire other developers and team members with creativity and knowledge sharing
- Proficient in major development tools and processes, such as source control (GIT), agile development, code review, pull requests, unit test, system test, performance test, etc.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other Technical Discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience in backend development of highly available, scalable, distributed software
- Functional programming experience
- Production experience with reactive microservice-based systems
- Strong knowledge of Akka or other high-performance web frameworks (Play, Spring, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Strong understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
Some nice to have experience (although not a deal-breaker):
- Experience working within B2B, SaaS/Cloud, DAM, or marketing technology
- Akka, Kafka, MySQL, distributed databases (Cassandra) CI/CD
- Experience with API integration
- Experience working with a remote team
We’re proud to be a Top Workplace by the Bay Area News Group. The secret to our success is simple – we combine a great product with the best co-workers in Silicon Valley. Innovation is in our DNA. We've worked hard to build an environment that promotes creative thinking and self-initiative within a culture of fun.
At Bynder this summer, we will also be moving to a 4-day working week to help with our mental, physical and emotional well-being.
Benefits and Perks:
- Fun, casual work environment
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% Company-paid medical, dental, vision, and life coverage for you and your family
- 401(k) - dollar for dollar match up to 6%
- Commuter benefits
- Referral bonus plans
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Room to advance in a high-growth tech company
- Competitive compensation
- “Super Summer Fridays” a Four-Day Workweek Program
Bynder Love is the principle that guides the way we grow our teams, support our employees, and celebrate our differences. At Bynder we strive to create a culture that embraces every Byndie because differences in background, experience, and perspective makes Bynder even better. At Bynder a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees, whatever their ethnicity, color, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or physical and mental ability are valued and respected. Our commitment is for all Byndies to have the freedom to be their true authentic selves.
Just as we are never finished innovating, Bynder’s dedication to being An Even Better Bynder is a constant, evolving commitment that includes education, listening, and action.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V