ByHeart is a fully integrated baby nutrition company dedicated to empowering parents with choice: we want all parents to feel amazing about feeding.
We build each product from the ground up: a team of pediatricians, breast milk researchers and nutrition experts at the forefront of immune, cognitive, digestive and microbiome health inform our next-to-nature approach. We hand-pick the most wholesome ingredients from partners and farms that we consider family. We take pride in what we put in and in what we keep out of each recipe. ByHeart is only the 5th FDA-registered infant formula manufacturer in the US, and the only new infant formula brand to complete its own clinical trial in over 15 years. Our formula is blended in proprietary small batch process in our owned facility in Reading, PA with rigorous quality and safety controls. Parents deserve farm-to-formula accountability. Innovation isn’t easy, but we believe in a better feeding future.
With over $190M in pre-market funding, we take our investors and board members as seriously as we take our formula: they come from a vast landscape of expertise, ranging from life sciences development to consumer media and direct to consumer disruption, and more. We launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, and are advancing a pipeline of mom and baby nutrition products & markets to follow.
Please visit our site to learn more, and see some recent press on ByHeart:
About Our Culture
A committed team is (and always has been) the fuel that propels ByHeart forward. ByHeart is comprised of world-class doctors, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who believe in no-compromise nutrition, farm to formula accountability, parent partnership and net positive impact for babies (and their parents!), meaning all families (including those of our own ByHeart team) have the very best health choices – whenever and wherever they need them.
At ByHeart, we say people are our number one priority, but we want our actions to speak louder than our words: we offer a fully comprehensive benefits package to every employee on the team, plus flexibility to achieve personal work-life balance. Join us to empower parents with the very best nutrition choices for baby – from (even before) day one.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Project Engineer is responsible for direct ownership of key capital projects. The role is also responsible for project management framework with key focus on continuous improvement. Key elements include:
- Define project scope with clear objectives including developing and managing a detailed project schedule with an action plan.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives by managing resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Track project costs to meet budget and track timelines to meet objectives.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Track project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Respond fluidly to unexpected events and manage risks without losing sight of the goals and core mission.
Competency & Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated excellence with project management software tools, including Excel, Microsoft Project, Asana, Wrike, Scoro or similar programs
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical skills and resourcefulness
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Ability to work independently and lead multiple projects.
Educational and/or Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree, preferred to have technical degree in engineering or related field
- 5-8 years of project management and experience dairy or food processing. Infant Formula experience a plus.
- Project management experience for major CAPEX investment programs, including facility Capex projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Need ability to stand, crouch and climb to perform inspection of equipment, and associated processes.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures, follow CGMP's, and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements.
- Will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local standards for the manufacture of infant formula and other non-infant nutritional foods.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.