ByHeart is a fully integrated baby nutrition company dedicated to empowering parents with choice: we want all parents to feel amazing about feeding.
We build each product from the ground up: a team of pediatricians, breast milk researchers and nutrition experts at the forefront of immune, cognitive, digestive and microbiome health inform our next-to-nature approach. We hand-pick the most wholesome ingredients from partners and farms that we consider family. We take pride in what we put in and in what we keep out of each recipe. ByHeart is only the 5th FDA-registered infant formula manufacturer in the US, and the only new infant formula brand to complete its own clinical trial in over 15 years. Our formula is blended in proprietary small batch process in our owned facility in Reading, PA with rigorous quality and safety controls. Parents deserve farm-to-formula accountability. Innovation isn’t easy, but we believe in a better feeding future.
With over $190M in pre-market funding, we take our investors and board members as seriously as we take our formula: they come from a vast landscape of expertise, ranging from life sciences development to consumer media and direct to consumer disruption, and more. We launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, and are advancing a pipeline of mom and baby nutrition products & markets to follow.
Please visit our site to learn more, and see some recent press on ByHeart:
About Our Culture
A committed team is (and always has been) the fuel that propels ByHeart forward. ByHeart is comprised of world-class doctors, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who believe in no-compromise nutrition, farm to formula accountability, parent partnership and net positive impact for babies (and their parents!), meaning all families (including those of our own ByHeart team) have the very best health choices – whenever and wherever they need them.
At ByHeart, we say people are our number one priority, but we want our actions to speak louder than our words: we offer a fully comprehensive benefits package to every employee on the team, plus flexibility to achieve personal work-life balance. Join us to empower parents with the very best nutrition choices for baby – from (even before) day one.
Reports To: Mia Funt, President & Co-Founder
Location: New York City, HQ
Start Date: ASAP
The Vice President of Brand and Product Marketing will serve as a strategic business and functional partner and an integral member of the ByHeart leadership team. She / he will be responsible for developing and executing ByHeart’s marketing objectives that will drive the company’s growth into a multi-channel, multi-product leader in the baby nutrition category. A key partner to Founders, CFO, GM of Ecommerce, SVP of Retail, VP of BD & Strategy, and Chief Medical Officer and the entire leadership team, the individual in this role will be a highly visible leader responsible for driving the development and execution of the company’s traditional brand marketing and social media campaigns, community, influencer and impact initiatives, as well as product positioning for new product and category launches. This leader should have deep experience in leading brand marketing and new product launches in a high growth, multi-channel, multi-product, data-driven consumer products company – with experience across DTC and retail. She / he must be creative in obtaining and synthesizing market intelligence, consumer preferences, and trend data to identify and segment target customer segments and markets for growth and develop value propositions that will capitalize on market share. The Vice President plays a critical role in framing the message inside and outside of ByHeart to promote an understanding of the company’s product offering and benefits and drive new customers and revenue.
This leader should be passionate about leading, mentoring, inspiring and collaborating with a team. ByHeart is building a culture where agility, humility, courage, energy, passion, enthusiasm, collaboration, integrity, and an unwavering commitment to succeed and win as a team is without compromise.
- Manage and own the brand P&L and lead a team through campaign development and execution, with a focus on KPIs and analytics.
- Create highly distinct and impactful product and brand positioning that helps drive both brand engagement and customer acquisition and sales
- Lead new product launches cross-functionally, leading from market and customer positioning to successful launch execution
- Run marketing campaigns with a focus on success metrics and data driven optimization; test ways to optimize for customer engagement, acquisition and sales in partnership with our Performance Marketing and Retail Sales teams.
- Serve as a guiding force providing direction and support to the marketing org to successfully execute marketing campaigns and initiatives with a focus on ROI and key success metrics that drive customer awareness and engagement and feed customer conversion, sales and loyalty
- Oversee and create a strong vision for our organic social channels to drive our brand and product distinctions to engage and retain customers
- Pursue and manage brand partnerships with a focus on non-transactional, highly engaged relationships– must have the ability to prioritize, structure, negotiate and optimize long-term partnerships
- Where applicable, oversee agency partners and manage campaigns from setting objectives and KPIs to creative concepting and testing to assessing and reporting on performance.
- Partner with the Communications and PR, DTC and Performance Marketing, and Retail teams to maximize online exposure through use of PR, social media, email and influencer marketing
- Analyze the brand’s product assortment and partner with commercial leaders to assess optimal pack/price architecture to optimize sales and minimize channel conflict
- Direct the research and analysis of financial, demographic and competitive information to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity. Design a flexible organization able to anticipate trends, situations or changing marketing conditions and react accordingly.
- Act as a responsible steward of ByHeart while continuing to expand the relevance of the brand to today’s consumers
- Create a transparent and candid culture and develop and oversee a high-performance and passionate marketing team capable of carrying out industry leading marketing strategies for growth and expansion of ByHeart
Skills & Qualifications
- This leader must be a process-oriented, creative, dynamic, and hands-on business and functional executive, with a strong focus on ROI.
- Proven track record in a marketing leadership role at a high growth and fast paced consumer packaged goods (CPG) company, launching new products at retail and DTC
- Performance minded, and approaches marketing as a funnel that ultimately supports customer and sales/revenue growth
- Excellent leadership skills and organizational savvy with a bias towards a high-collaboration, team-oriented, matrixed environment with proven success partnering with product development, regulatory, commercial, and innovation
- Ability to write strong marketing plans and strategies to target appropriate categories and placement in the market
- Proven development of short and long-range strategic plans for advancing products to meet market demands and deliver consistent sales and profitability
- Capable of seizing opportunities with proven success evaluating, planning, implementing, and influencing change throughout the company to ensure superior customer results.
- Visionary with the ability to champion and connect an organization to a vision to drive results within marketing and cross-functionally throughout ByHeart.
- Strategic thinker with broad functional experiences including consumer insights, brand marketing, communications, interactive marketing, strategic planning, market research, competitive analysis, portfolio management, promotion, digital and social marketing, and advertising.
- Analytical mindset possessing exceptional quantitative skills with strong financial acumen and economic thinking.
- Proven success developing, building, and leading metrics to measure marketing success.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field. MBA preferred.
The minimum annual salary for this position is $200,000 and the maximum is $275,000. The salary range for performing this role outside of New York City will differ. Additionally, you will be eligible to participate in our company’s equity program, plus our robust medical, dental, vision, retirement, and other benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.