ByHeart is a fully integrated baby nutrition company dedicated to empowering parents with choice: we want all parents to feel amazing about feeding.
We build each product from the ground up: a team of pediatricians, breast milk researchers and nutrition experts at the forefront of immune, cognitive, digestive and microbiome health inform our next-to-nature approach. We hand-pick the most wholesome ingredients from partners and farms that we consider family. We take pride in what we put in and in what we keep out of each recipe. ByHeart is only the 5th FDA-registered infant formula manufacturer in the US, and the only new infant formula brand to complete its own clinical trial in over 15 years. Our formula is blended in proprietary small batch process in our owned facility in Reading, PA with rigorous quality and safety controls. Parents deserve farm-to-formula accountability. Innovation isn’t easy, but we believe in a better feeding future.
With over $190M in pre-market funding, we take our investors and board members as seriously as we take our formula: they come from a vast landscape of expertise, ranging from life sciences development to consumer media and direct to consumer disruption, and more. We launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, and are advancing a pipeline of mom and baby nutrition products & markets to follow.
Please visit our site to learn more, and see some recent press on ByHeart:
About Our Culture
A committed team is (and always has been) the fuel that propels ByHeart forward. ByHeart is comprised of world-class doctors, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who believe in no-compromise nutrition, farm to formula accountability, parent partnership and net positive impact for babies (and their parents!), meaning all families (including those of our own ByHeart team) have the very best health choices – whenever and wherever they need them.
At ByHeart, we say people are our number one priority, but we want our actions to speak louder than our words: we offer a fully comprehensive benefits package to every employee on the team, plus flexibility to achieve personal work-life balance. Join us to empower parents with the very best nutrition choices for baby – from (even before) day one.
The Instrumentation Technician’s primary focus will be on development and improvement of plant controls system reliability and contributing to maintenance control activities, controls/field device upgrades, ISS support, operations training on new/modified controls installs, and capital project support from design through start-up and validation.
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: BlendHouse Facility in Reading, PA
Start Date: ASAP
- Demonstrate ownership of all plant processes/equipment and continuously strive to improve reliability while lowering costs.
- Maintain, repair, troubleshoot and PM all controls related equipment to maintain facility operation and increase equipment reliability.
- PLC and HMI programming, field device troubleshooting, PLC hardware troubleshooting, Wonderware PC and Thin client workstation set-up/deployment, PanelView Plus program development, and download/upload of PLC & Panel view programs.
- Lead as necessary on controls projects to include minor design, implementation, and start-up.
- Provide controls training to other maintenance technicians.
- Train end users on the operations of newly installed or modified process or control systems.
- Scope material needs for assigned work orders and estimate labor and support needed to complete work orders.
Skills & Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Controls Engineering, Industrial Technology, OR equivalent experience as a control’s technician
- Two years of experience in PLC programming (Siemens, Allen-Bradley, etc.) and HMI development (Wonderware preferred but any HMI suite is fine)
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical/electrical systems by utilizing drawings, PLC code, operational manuals, and the utilization of various instrumentation such as flow meters, pressure transducers, RTDs, and chart reorders
- Two (2) or more years prior experience in the Dairy Industry as a maintenance tech with a strong mechanical and electrical background Pneumatics, hydraulics, AC frequency drives, electrical controls, instrumentation, schematic reading, welding, mechanical (sprockets & gearboxes), and PLC knowledge
- Licensed Electrician preferred but not required
- Must be available to work on call or off-hours during capital project commissioning or testing
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, and Holidays
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
- Must be team orientated, self-motivated and communicate effectively, oral and written
- Able to perform essential job functions of the position
- Able to handle varying work conditions from extremely hot/humid to cold
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.