ByHeart is a fully integrated baby nutrition company dedicated to empowering parents with choice: we want ‘best nutrition for baby’ to be possible for every parent out there.
We build each product from ground up: a team of pediatricians, breastmilk researchers and nutrition experts at the forefront of immune, cognitive, digestive and microbiome health informs our next-to-nature approach; we hand-pick the most wholesome ingredients from partners and farms that we consider family; we take pride in what we put in and in what we keep out of each recipe; we blend in our own facility in Reading, PA with a proprietary small batch process to retain highest ingredient quality.
On track to become only the 4th fully-integrated, FDA-registered baby nutrition company in the US – and the only new brand with owned manufacturing and direct supplier relationships – we just closed our over-subscribed $90M Series B in July 2021, and are about to launch our first infant formula, with a pipeline of mom and baby nutrition products to follow.
The ByHeart team is comprised of world-class doctors, pediatric researchers, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who know that innovation isn’t easy, but babies – and their parents – deserve a better feeding future.
Please visit our site to learn more, and see some recent press on ByHeart:
- ByHeart Completes Largest US Clinical Trial for a New Infant Formula Brand in the Last 25 Years Supporting their Innovation in Baby Nutrition
- Fast Company Feature- Can This Startup Engineer A Better Baby Formula
- ByHeart Announces the Launch of Cluster a First-of-Its-Kind Digital Community to Support All Parents’ Feeding Decisions
- Romper Story – 5 Things to Know About Cluster, A New Kind of Online Community for Parents
- ByHeart Secures 90m Series B Financing and Achieves all of its Clinical Trial endpoints
About Our Culture
A committed team is (and always has been) the fuel that propels ByHeart forward. ByHeart is comprised of world-class doctors, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who believe in feeding freedom, which means all parents (including within the ByHeart family) have the very best health choices – whenever and wherever they need them.
At ByHeart, we say people are our number one priority, but we want our actions to speak louder than our words: we offer a fully comprehensive benefits package to every employee on the team, plus flexibility to achieve personal work-life balance. Join us to empower parents with the very best nutrition choices for baby – from (even before) day one.
Social Media Strategist
Reports To: Director of Community
Location: New York, NY
In advance of our first commercial launch in early 2022, we are looking for someone to masterfully manage our social channels and guide strategy.
We are looking for a Social Media Strategist who is passionate about audience-building and -engaging, listening and insights, and eager to dig in with our followers to understand how we can be the best feeding partner throughout early parenthood (and provide levity and connection along the way).
At ByHeart, we currently…
-Partner with a full roster (over 30 signed!) of brand ambassadors and experts and like-minded companies to develop engaging content to drive brand awareness and affinity
-Power an innovative consumer feedback loop with our branded focus group program and soon-to-be-live ecommerce site
-Engage in dialogue with our prospective consumers on Cluster, our first-of-its-kind parent support destination
These initiatives offer an exciting community landscape and wealth of inspiration and content to draw from, but also require active engagement, management, and priority. We are looking for someone who is excited to dig in and help us best serve parents in the channels they are most active on.
This role will report to our Director of Community as part of our Brand team, and will collaborate closely with brand and creative leads, as well as our performance team to track to corporate community goals.
- Manage our own social media channels, including Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and (soon-to-be) TikTok.
- Be the executional owner for the social calendar across channels, ensuring clear creative approval and executing each post on time
- Be our “one source of truth” for social insights: working with Sprout Social listening and insights tools, own the reporting structure and cadence for share out with the broader team
- Dictate strategy for all social channels in support of corporate KPIs
- Be a creative collaborator: your social instinct will be crucial to our creative and content development
- Have an ear to the ground in each channel: ensure you’re engaging with our followers and subscribers wherever possible, but also come back to the team with new and innovative social engagement strategies that you think would be additive to ByHeart!
- Partner with PX (Parent Experience) team to manage responses that come through on social channels
- Be responsible for active listening and commenting
- Lead community management and response and drive engagement initiatives in our proprietary parent destination, support content management in that channel as well
- Launching new social channels
Skills & Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in social media management, insights, or engagement for a consumer brand
- Passion for social – you eat, sleep, and breathe on camera J
- Dedication to driving community conversation and keen interest in community insights and key growth indicators
- Background in food, parent & baby or CPG consumer markets a plus
- Finger on the pulse of video meme culture and parent “celebrity” community
- Strong organization and project management capabilities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficiency with the tools and functions of all social channels – priorities are Instagram, Twitter and Youtube
- Proven and clearly defined successes in identifying winning engagement and amplification strategies on social media
- Experience intersecting with Customer Support/Zendesk a plus
- Proven experience with concept development to execution, including excellent collaboration and flexibility as a team player
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe Suite, and Sprout Social tools
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.