ByHeart is a fully integrated baby nutrition company dedicated to empowering parents with choice: we want ‘best nutrition for baby’ to be possible for every parent out there.
We build each product from ground up: a team of pediatricians, breastmilk researchers and nutrition experts at the forefront of immune, cognitive, digestive and microbiome health informs our next-to-nature approach; we hand-pick the most wholesome ingredients from partners and farms that we consider family; we take pride in what we put in and in what we keep out of each recipe; we blend in our own facility in Reading, PA with a proprietary small batch process to retain highest ingredient quality.
On track to become only the 4th fully-integrated, FDA-registered baby nutrition company in the US – and the only new brand with owned manufacturing and direct supplier relationships – we just closed our over-subscribed $90M Series B in July 2021, and are about to launch our first infant formula, with a pipeline of mom and baby nutrition products to follow.
The ByHeart team is comprised of world-class doctors, pediatric researchers, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who know that innovation isn’t easy, but babies – and their parents – deserve a better feeding future.
Please visit our site to learn more, and see some recent press on ByHeart:
- ByHeart Completes Largest US Clinical Trial for a New Infant Formula Brand in the Last 25 Years Supporting their Innovation in Baby Nutrition
- Fast Company Feature- Can This Startup Engineer A Better Baby Formula
- ByHeart Announces the Launch of Cluster a First-of-Its-Kind Digital Community to Support All Parents’ Feeding Decisions
- Romper Story – 5 Things to Know About Cluster, A New Kind of Online Community for Parents
- ByHeart Secures 90m Series B Financing and Achieves all of its Clinical Trial endpoints
As a Part-Time Parent Experience Associate, you will join our best-in-class, parent-centric customer service department that lives at the heart of our company. The Parent Experience team will be transformative for ByHeart’s brand, and you’ll be starting pre-launch to establish the reputation, standards of excellence, and market distinction of our department, all while being responsible for representing our unique brand voice.
Reporting into the Director of Parent Experience, you will provide compassionate, personable and timely care to ByHeart’s customers – new and expecting parents and caregivers - responding to inquiries via live chat, SMS and email in a robust and resourceful fashion. You will be excited to adapt to best meet the needs of our parents as we learn more about them. You understand the delicate nature of responding to customers in our high stakes category, where credibility and brand trust is so vital to parents as they navigate feeding decisions for their baby. Your flexible, part-time schedule will ensure that we are responding to customers as often and quickly as we can.
Reports To: Alexandra Pasanen, Director of Parent Experience
Location: Remote/New York (131 Varick Street, PH, New York, NY 10013)
Start Date: ASAP
- Serve as the first point of contact on all customer inquiries, responding promptly on all channels such as live chat, texts, and emails
- Follow proper protocols as it relates to urgent customer inquiries and inbound medical and quality complaints.
- Assign tags and apply macros to each inquiry to collect robust data on our customers.
- Provide support with a flexible schedule to meet our parents’ evolving sleep schedule – be available on nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Communicate with customers in a compassionate, empathetic, thinking one step ahead, and efficient manner.
- Be a founding member of the team that changes the game on customer service and parent care!
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years minimum experience on a customer care team within a consumer-facing organization ideally in a regulated industry
- Interest in and knowledgeable about nutrition and the parent space
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communications skills, excellent grammar and writing skills
- A calm, solutions-oriented, and positive attitude, with a strong sense of compassion, care, and empathy
- Experienced in using MS Office Suite, especially PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience in Zendesk preferred
- Must be available occasionally after 5pm EST, and on weekends and Holidays.
- Minimum 6-month contract commitment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.