ByHeart is a fully integrated baby nutrition company dedicated to empowering parents with choice: we want ‘best nutrition for baby’ to be possible for every parent out there.
We build each product from ground up: a team of pediatricians, breastmilk researchers and nutrition experts at the forefront of immune, cognitive, digestive and microbiome health informs our next-to-nature approach; we hand-pick the most wholesome ingredients from partners and farms that we consider family; we take pride in what we put in and in what we keep out of each recipe; we blend in our own facility in Reading, PA with a proprietary small batch process to retain highest ingredient quality.
On track to become only the 4th fully-integrated, FDA-registered baby nutrition company in the US – and the only new brand with owned manufacturing and direct supplier relationships – we just closed our over-subscribed $90M Series B in July 2021, and are about to launch our first infant formula, with a pipeline of mom and baby nutrition products to follow.
The ByHeart team is comprised of world-class doctors, pediatric researchers, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who know that innovation isn’t easy, but babies – and their parents – deserve a better feeding future.
Please visit our site to learn more, and see some recent press on ByHeart:
- ByHeart Completes Largest US Clinical Trial for a New Infant Formula Brand in the Last 25 Years Supporting their Innovation in Baby Nutrition
- Fast Company Feature- Can This Startup Engineer A Better Baby Formula
- ByHeart Announces the Launch of Cluster a First-of-Its-Kind Digital Community to Support All Parents’ Feeding Decisions
- Romper Story – 5 Things to Know About Cluster, A New Kind of Online Community for Parents
Reports To: Ron Belldegrun, CEO & Co-Founder
Location: 131 Varick Street, New York, NY
Start Date: ASAP
Based in New York and reporting to Ron Belldegrun, CEO, the CFO will be a key member of the leadership team and will help drive decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating principles and execution as the company gears for commercial launch and continues on its growth trajectory. The CFO will develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the leadership team and make actionable recommendations on strategy, both organic and through M&A. The CFO will work closely with the Board of Directors and interface with investors, as well as legal counsel. This position will be responsible for our processes, forecasting, development of business insights, and ultimately facilitate the company’s strategic growth and maintaining its financial wellbeing. The ideal candidate will be an experienced accounting and/or finance professional, capable of providing accurate, timely and value-added operational support, who can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee FP&A, accounting and audit functions, treasury, tax, investor relations and IT
- Drive annual and long-term strategic budgeting processes, including the 1-year, 3-year and 5-year strategic plan .
- Partner with the Company’s leadership team and other business partners on initiatives for improvements that can positively impact the financial outlook of the company, including developing, tracking, and executing on those initiatives
- Liaison with the Board of Directors on our quarterly performance and outlook and our annual budget, including liquidity profile and capital structure
- Develop and maintain relationships with our equity investors and devise capital strategies, both debt and equity and be involved in negotiating capital transactions
- Lead the Company’s Impact Reporting Framework and work closely with other business partners on our commitment to Open Hearted Initiative Program
- Assist with data analytics and systems integration, including build out and implementation of our data warehouse and BI tools
- Build the infrastructure in preparation for an IPO, including Sarbanes Oxley readiness and compliance
- Maintain accountability for proper forecasting, accounting and recording of transactions consistent with company policies and GAAP.
- Manage aspects of the growing finance function, including continuous improvement and automation for financial operations.
- Ensure compliance on various aspects of company’s domestic and international tax strategy, including annual statutory filings, establishment of nexus and compliance with state tax laws.
- Oversee cap table and equity grants and support management in investor relations.
- Ensure compliance with investor agreements on timely sharing of data and information on quarterly performance and annual budget. Lead the company’s IT function involving our hardware and software tools and equipment at our corporate office and our manufacturing facility in PA
- Generate ad hoc financial reports as required by management.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- 15+ years in a progressive level accounting/finance role including leadership and management responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with all levels and collaborate with partners across the organization
- Very strong background in US GAAP, having a CPA license is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, demonstrating advances skills performing complex data analyses including the effective use of Pivot Tables, V Lookups and Macros.
- Understanding of the various ERP systems, experience in Deacom is plus
- Experience leading and building teams in a fast-paced, start-up environment is an asset
- Ability to wear multiple hats and pivot strategies and execution in a timely manner
- Ideally has experience with IPO process and S1s
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- Equity grant commensurate with experience
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous vacation policy and flexible PTO
- Attractive maternity and paternity leave policy
- Great location in the heart of Midtown Manhattan
- Fun team events and celebrations throughout the year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.