ByHeart is a fully integrated baby nutrition company dedicated to empowering parents with choice: we want ‘best nutrition for baby’ to be possible for every parent out there.
We build each product from ground up: a team of pediatricians, breastmilk researchers and nutrition experts at the forefront of immune, cognitive, digestive and microbiome health informs our next-to-nature approach; we hand-pick the most wholesome ingredients from partners and farms that we consider family; we take pride in what we put in and in what we keep out of each recipe; we blend in our own facility in Reading, PA with a proprietary small batch process to retain highest ingredient quality.
On track to become only the 4th fully-integrated, FDA-registered baby nutrition company in the US – and the only new brand with owned manufacturing and direct supplier relationships – we just closed our over-subscribed $90M Series B in July 2021, and are about to launch our first infant formula, with a pipeline of mom and baby nutrition products to follow.
The ByHeart team is comprised of world-class doctors, pediatric researchers, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who know that innovation isn’t easy, but babies – and their parents – deserve a better feeding future.
Please visit our site to learn more, and see some recent press on ByHeart:
- ByHeart Completes Largest US Clinical Trial for a New Infant Formula Brand in the Last 25 Years Supporting their Innovation in Baby Nutrition
- Fast Company Feature- Can This Startup Engineer A Better Baby Formula
- ByHeart Announces the Launch of Cluster a First-of-Its-Kind Digital Community to Support All Parents’ Feeding Decisions
- Romper Story – 5 Things to Know About Cluster, A New Kind of Online Community for Parents
As the first ever Community Moderator for Cluster, our peer-powered site for feeding support and connection, this role will drive the engagement, growth and vibrancy of ByHeart’s community online, including oversight of Cluster user response, events and perks execution and general quality of experience and connection. Our Community Moderator is an accessible, relatable writer and will also serve as ByHeart’s parent voice across external social parent groups and forums, promoting Cluster and ByHeart, so should be someone passionate about social media interaction and excited to offer ByHeart’s core and extended communities a point of view and resources for support through the late pregnancy and early parenthood experience.
Reporting to the Director of Community, this person will also support all ambassador relations and needs, ensuring that our community advocates integrate seamlessly and with great purpose into Cluster content and events. Working hand-in-hand with our content director and social strategist to optimize our social channels and Cluster to offer the most channel-appropriate and supportive content, this role will also work with key stakeholders across Digital Product and Partnerships, as well as our Medical Team (the latter for authoritative reference and guidance on all nutrition and feeding information) to provide best-in-class, parent-to-parent-level support and ensure the success of our ambassador contributions, events and happenings to excite and delight the Cluster audience.
Reports To: _Director of Community__
Location: ___NYC HQ__________
Start Date: ASAP
Cluster Moderation (40%)
- Maintain current knowledge of Cluster platform-specific best practices and deliverable requirements
- Own the Cluster Community Guidelines and evolve as needed
- Identify best mechanisms to respond and engage with users on Cluster
- Be the “voice” of ByHeart (name for this TBD) for all Cluster responses and posts, posting on behalf of internal specialists from Medical, Brand, Quality and Founders – identified as such in Cluster - as needed
- Manage and moderate conversations on Cluster and comment back with relevant and approved information
- Support community reporting as needed with key metrics and qualifying insights with regard to community engagement on Cluster
- Work with Content Director and Community Director to ensure community side of Content Planner stays up to date
- Liaison between Digital Product and Community teams to facilitate events and office hours logistics: work with Digital Product, Brand Marketing, and Community to ensure smooth sailing on every Cluster “event”
Parent Social/Community Engagement (30%)
- Proactively seek out and identify parent groups and platforms where ByHeart’s voice can be additive to (a) identifying pain points for parents around baby feeding and nutrition; (b) ingredient and quality narratives in infant formula; (c) different birth and feeding circumstances, and meeting their unique needs
- Come up with effective engagement strategies to drive all parents in the above buckets to Cluster specifically and later ByHeart.com
- Bring insights from these communities back to the internal ByHeart team with weekly community insights reporting
Ambassador Support (30%)
- Support the Director of Community in the development and execution of our parent and expert ambassador community, including but not limited to:
- Track and confirm deliverables owed to Cluster
- Update Ambassador Master Tracker
- Create and manage all ambassador accounts on Cluster
- Track ambassador invoicing
- Create UTM links for partners in order to identify strengths and weaknesses of ambassador program points
- Communicate with our experts and internal Medical team to determine best individual to respond and then facilitate development of reply in a timely manner to Cluster posts and questions
- Join ambassador calls where necessary to ensure facility of execution and optimization of partnership
- Work with Director of Community to map deliverables for each ambassador to ladder up to larger content + community strategy
- Support the Brand team by maintaining a “no task too small” attitude
Skills & Qualifications
- Passionate about supporting parents, and inspired to create new avenues to ‘meet them where they are’ and provide them support and useful information, ask the ‘right’ questions, and get those questions answered!!
- A fun, accessible, and witty writer who communicates clearly and directly
- Education: B.A. or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years as a commercial writer, ideally in a position responsible for social media communications, management or copywriting
- Experience maintaining or building Community standards a plus
- Ideally this candidate has experience in-house for a vertical brand and is familiar with the pace and needs of brand commercial operations, including product launches, go to market campaigns, social and content production, video, both digital and print production, and omni-channel campaigns
- Excited by keen and proactive participation in community forums and groups
- Ability to contribute to a fun working environment while keeping on task
- Knowledge of creative process, systems, and software a plus
- Knowledge of social media channel functionality and capabilities including Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, tikTok and Pinterest ideal
- Eager to create great work and being part of a creative team!