ByHeart is a fully integrated baby nutrition company dedicated to empowering parents with choice: we want ‘best nutrition for baby’ to be possible for every parent out there.
We build each product from ground up: a team of pediatricians, breastmilk researchers and nutrition experts at the forefront of immune, cognitive, digestive and microbiome health informs our next-to-nature approach; we hand-pick the most wholesome ingredients from partners and farms that we consider family; we take pride in what we put in and in what we keep out of each recipe; we blend in our own facility in Reading, PA with a proprietary small batch process to retain highest ingredient quality.
On track to become only the 4th fully-integrated, FDA-registered baby nutrition company in the US – and the only new brand with owned manufacturing and direct supplier relationships – we just closed our over-subscribed $90M Series B in July 2021, and are about to launch our first infant formula, with a pipeline of mom and baby nutrition products to follow.
The ByHeart team is comprised of world-class doctors, pediatric researchers, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who know that innovation isn’t easy, but babies – and their parents – deserve a better feeding future.
Please visit our site to learn more, and see some recent press on ByHeart:
- ByHeart Completes Largest US Clinical Trial for a New Infant Formula Brand in the Last 25 Years Supporting their Innovation in Baby Nutrition
- Fast Company Feature- Can This Startup Engineer A Better Baby Formula
- ByHeart Announces the Launch of Cluster a First-of-Its-Kind Digital Community to Support All Parents’ Feeding Decisions
- Romper Story – 5 Things to Know About Cluster, A New Kind of Online Community for Parents
As we prepare for our first commercial launch, we’re hiring a Copywriter whose focus will be on marketing-centric copy and ads that give ByHeart life and drive widespread interest. We’re looking for a growth-minded writer with warmth and humor; someone who isn’t afraid to dive in and learn about the science of infant nutrition, but can just as easily crack a witty pun.
You’ll love this role if you’re a storyteller at heart. You feel energized by collaboration. You’re obsessed with subway ads. You subscribe to 5 million newsletters just for inspiration. You know how to make marketing copy feel organic and enjoyable, but punchy and powerful. You’re looking for the chance to build something from scratch, and find a role you can grow in.
This position will report to our Content Director, and will work closely with many members of the commercial team, including but not limited to the VP of Brand & Communications, Digital Designer, Brand & Social Copywriter, Social Media Manager, and Director of Acquisition to create seamless growth-minded copy across channels.
Reports To: _Content Director __
Location: ___NYC HQ__________
Start Date: ___September________
Working closely with our Content Director, this person will:
- Act as primary copywriter for all growth and paid social copy, working with Content Director to craft best in class growth work (and brainstorm concepts) that ladder up to KPIs
- Work on regular newsletter flows, including weekly segmented newsletters and drip series emails
- Write original articles on nutrition for Cluster (our parent portal) to drive SEO
- Support copy and content team as a partner and collaborator
- Work closely with our Medical Writer and Brand Copywriter to distill scientific and medical information and studies to create content and copy that ladders up to company objectives while still remaining “on brand”
- Collaborate with our Medical, CX, and Creative teams to create engaging customer-facing copy
- Keep your finger to the pulse in terms of current trends in order to create engaging, relevant creative
- Partner with Creative Director and designers to make your copy come to life
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years copywriting, preferably in-house for a wellness-based CPG brand, a mission-driven business, or at an agency. Experience writing about wellness, health, nutrition, or food a major plus!
- Experience writing SEO articles, newsletter copy, and growth ads
- Strong portfolio of past work
- A collaborative team player with a “no task too small” mindset
- Strong organization and project management capabilities, with a meticulous attention to detail and minor obsession for grammar
- Proven experience crafting creative from concept development through to execution
- Ability to work in close collaboration with a visual creative team to make these copy and creative concepts “come to life”
- Prior experience working with a design and production team preferred