ByHeart is a fully integrated baby nutrition company dedicated to empowering parents with choice: we want ‘best nutrition for baby’ to be possible for every parent out there.
We build each product from ground up: a team of pediatricians, breastmilk researchers and nutrition experts at the forefront of immune, cognitive, digestive and microbiome health informs our next-to-nature approach; we hand-pick the most wholesome ingredients from partners and farms that we consider family; we take pride in what we put in and in what we keep out of each recipe; we blend in our own facility in Reading, PA with a proprietary small batch process to retain highest ingredient quality.
On track to become only the 4th fully-integrated, FDA-registered baby nutrition company in the US – and the only new brand with owned manufacturing and direct supplier relationships – we just closed our over-subscribed $90M Series B in July 2021, and are about to launch our first infant formula, with a pipeline of mom and baby nutrition products to follow.
The ByHeart team is comprised of world-class doctors, pediatric researchers, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who know that innovation isn’t easy, but babies – and their parents – deserve a better feeding future.
Please visit our site to learn more, and see some recent press on ByHeart:
- ByHeart Completes Largest US Clinical Trial for a New Infant Formula Brand in the Last 25 Years Supporting their Innovation in Baby Nutrition
- Fast Company Feature- Can This Startup Engineer A Better Baby Formula
- ByHeart Announces the Launch of Cluster a First-of-Its-Kind Digital Community to Support All Parents’ Feeding Decisions
- Romper Story – 5 Things to Know About Cluster, A New Kind of Online Community for Parents
The responsibilities of the Process Engineer are to develop, monitor, and elevate the performance of the company's vital business systems and processes by detecting potential problems and taking the unwanted deviation, defects, and delay out of the production process.
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Location: BlendHouse Manufacturing Facility in Reading, PA
Start Date: September 30, 2021
- Support production in identifying, verifying, analyzing, and implementing process improvement and process re-engineering opportunities.
- Provide technical and analytical support for process improvement initiatives.
- Develop process analysis and re-engineering to improve efficiency, lower costs, and improve product quality.
- Perform project management, analytics, and measure to ensure milestones are met and deliverables achieved.
- Identify and manage resources to deliver effective solutions.
- Establish norms and standards of production.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or a minimum 5-7 years proven continuous improvement analytical experience from a similar role, including project management and business analysis.
- Infant Formula manufacturing a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to plan and manage priorities
- Demonstrated problem-soling and analytical skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization
- Need ability to stand, crouch and climb to perform adjustments to equipment, use ladders, and perform various types of manual labor.