Director of Acquisition Marketing
Founded in 2016, ByHeart is a fully integrated infant and baby nutrition company. We are dedicated to translating leading nutrition science and breastmilk research into evolved foods and formulas to support babies’ health and parents’ peace of mind. Our products strive to be next-to-nature – made from hand-picked ingredients using small batch blending – and sit at the forefront of immune, microbiome, cognitive and digestive health. The ByHeart community is starting a new conversation around “feeding,” because we believe in well-fed, no matter how you do it. We are here to empower parents everywhere to create a foundation of health for their babies’ lives to follow.
We are world-class doctors, pediatric researchers, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who believe in feeding freedom, which means all parents have the very best choices – whenever and wherever they need them.
As Sr / Director of Acquisition Marketing, you will support successful delivery of full-funnel acquisition marketing at ByHeart reporting directly to the VP, Growth and Digital Product. You will be accountable for effectively managing spend and attribution, balancing ByHearts New Customer and profitability KPIs
You will interface with functional business and operations leads, subject-matter experts, key stakeholders, and senior management. You will be responsible for strategy, forecasting, and building the team (internal and/or agency) and processes to “get it done”.
- Lead the development, planning and execution of our omni-channel, full-funnel growth program across both digital and offline addressable channels. The candidate will be responsible and accountable for all acquisition marketing budget and performance, aimed at maximizing new customer, CPA, CAC, and ROAS KPIs.
- Owns vision for tools and processes to execute and attribute ad effectiveness.
- Build, mentor and motivate a collaborative, high-performing internal team and/or agency partners with a strong sense of ownership and a customer-centric point of view.
- Define team structure, hiring priorities, and growth needs.
- Implement and refine an evergreen testing framework, both intrachannel and cross-channel aimed at improving specified growth KPIs.
- Deepen relationships with existing technology partners and identify new platforms that can improve operational and spend efficiency while enabling automated and highly personalized ad platforms.
- Lead cross functional collaboration with a variety of stakeholders across Marketing, Technology, Product, Partnerships, Sales, and Finance. Must have excellent communication skills to ensure clarity and buy-in across all parts of the organization.
- Champion a culture of testing into new and unexpected channels – beyond just Search and Social
- Work closely with Brand team, tracking awareness KPIs and managing all marketing operations associated with Media Buys
- Set Segmentation roadmap in partnership with Director of Customer Marketing
- Source and manage syndicated audience data to be leveraged by various marketing functions
- Manage any/all agency or external partners that relate to the function of acquisition marketing.
- Bachelor degree, preferably with marketing focus
- 8+ years of proven experience in growth marketing and/or customer acquisition managing a budget $10M+ (and growing) across a variety of channels.
- A minimum of 4 years managing a team of individual contributors, ideally in a high-growth environment
- Experience partnering with and leveraging data science, ideally has identified ML models aimed at improving spend or operational efficiency (including, but not limited to Media Mix Modeling and Multi Touch Attribution)
- Ability to sift through large amounts of data to identify and prioritize most impactful growth and optimization opportunities.
- Customer Data Platform (CDP, Segment) is a plus
- Proficient in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence platforms (Big Query, Looker)
- Personality profile to fit into a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and significant interaction with colleagues at all levels.
- Willingness to be a Subject Matter Expert that educates the larger team of the principles of Performance Marketing