Director of Customer Experience and Fulfillment
Founded in 2016, ByHeart is a fully integrated infant and baby nutrition company. We are dedicated to translating leading nutrition science and breastmilk research into evolved foods and formulas to support babies’ health and parents’ peace of mind. Our products strive to be next-to-nature – made from hand-picked ingredients using small batch blending – and sit at the forefront of immune, microbiome, cognitive and digestive health. The ByHeart community is starting a new conversation around “feeding,” because we believe in well-fed, no matter how you do it. We are here to empower parents everywhere to create a foundation of health for their babies’ lives to follow.
We are world-class doctors, pediatric researchers, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who believe in feeding freedom, which means all parents have the very best choices – whenever and wherever they need them.
As Director of Customer Experience and Fulfillment, you will support successful delivery of large, complex, strategic initiatives across multiple ByHeart functions reporting directly to the VP, Growth and Digital Product. You will be accountable for effectively managing the execution and scaling of initiatives that directly impact how parents engage with ByHeart post-purchase , prioritizing your work in alignment with ByHeart’s strategy.
You will interface with functional business and operations leads, subject-matter experts, key stakeholders, and senior management. You will be responsible for successful strategic initiative delivery and growth using appropriate project management tools, risk identification and management, stakeholder management and communications, effective project team management, and regular reporting . You will be responsible for identifying and improving practices and processes with a sharp focus on delivery of established goals while finding better ways of advancing the ByHeart’s vision.
- Manages and execute against strategic customer service and fulfillment Owns vision for tools and processes to meet scopes, timelines, deliverables, budgets and service commitments. Initiatives include:
- Lead a cross functional team to establish a best in class Customer Experience, Customer Inquiry and Complaint Management system that exceeds regulatory complaint handling requirements and demonstrates ByHeart’s commitment to parent partnership
- Serve as the key stakeholder to the Digital Product team for platforms and tools that enable intuitive order and account management to ByHeart’s customer across all platforms
- Oversee growth and development for internal Customer Experience Team that provides anticipatory service that affirms ByHeart’s distinction as a parent-centric, value added partner to parents.
- Operationalize and optimize an end to end fulfillment strategy, via either partnerships go it alone, for direct-to-consumer customer orders.
- Collaboratively with vendors, optimize costs and speed for product delivery.
- Own ByHeart’s “farm to formula” FDA compliant track and trace system, utilizing the latest traceability technology to showcase ByHeart’s end to end supply chain ownership and highest quality sourcing. Working closely with Brand, Quality and Digital Product teams, work to make this system accessible by parents demonstrating ByHeart’s commitment to transparency.
- Coordinate among quality, regulatory and manufacturing teams to identify and assist with the set up proper recall process and provider in advance of dossier submission, post-launch serve as a key stakeholder on the recall task force.
On a day to day basis the Operations Director:
- Applies structured methodologies and tools to translate strategic vision and scope into practical and implementable plans that ensure sustainable, impactful solutions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Drives cross-functional project teams to ensure successful delivery and growth of initiatives
- Tracks and reports on the progress of assigned projects to the appropriate stakeholders and senior management.
- Actively manages and reports issues and risks, including escalations, as appropriate.
- With the project sponsor, prepares and presents reviews, approvals and project updates to appropriate steering committees, ByHeart Senior Leadership Team (SLT), and/or stakeholders. Ensures all key stakeholders are always kept appropriately informed of project status.
- Establishes and leverages best practice processes and systems for project planning, execution and scale that are fit-for-purpose.
- Manage ByHearts’s engagements, both day-to-day and the near-term vision, for vendors and services across fulfillment and customer service.
- Oversee customer service scripting, develop CSR inquiry SOPs, and manage Promotions Calendar
- Forecast fulfillment velocity managing to SLA and supply requirements
- Bachelor degree, preferably with technical background.
- Prior experience with operations and operations management.
- 5-10 years minimum experience in operations and/or customer care leadership within a customer-facing organization ideally in a regulated industry.
- A minimum of 3 years managing a team of individual contributors, ideally in a high-growth environment
- Demonstrated track record of success in delivering strategic, complex, cross-functional and multi-site projects on-time, on-budget and to committed deliverables to generate significant business value
- Takes appropriate initiative and accountability including proactively prioritizing work in alignment with business requirements
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communications skills
- Experienced in using MS Office Suite, especially PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Comfort with working in Excel models.