ByHeart is a fully integrated baby nutrition company dedicated to empowering parents with choice: we want ‘best nutrition for baby’ to be possible for every parent out there.
We build from ground up (beginning with our first infant formula, launching soon!): a team of pediatricians, breastmilk researchers and nutrition experts at the forefront of immune, cognitive, digestive and microbiome health informs our next-to-nature approach; we hand-pick the most wholesome ingredients from partners and farms that we consider family; we take pride in what we put in and in what we keep out of each recipe. On track to become only the 4th fully-integrated, FDA-registered baby nutrition company in this country, we blend in our own facility in Reading, PA with a patented small batch process to retain highest ingredient quality. Innovation isn’t easy, but we believe babies – and their parents – deserve a better food future.
About Our Culture
A committed team is (and always has been) the fuel that propels ByHeart forward. ByHeart is comprised of world-class doctors, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who believe in feeding freedom, which means all parents (including within the ByHeart family) have the very best health choices – whenever and wherever they need them.
At ByHeart, we say people are our number one priority, but we want our actions to speak louder than our words: we offer a fully comprehensive benefits package to every employee on the team, plus flexibility to achieve personal work-life balance. Join us to empower parents with the very best nutrition choices for baby – from (even before) day one.
About This Role
In advance of our first commercial launch later this year, we will take an innovative approach to mining and realizing partnerships geared towards Awareness and Brand Credibility, which will be crucial to our early success. We are looking for a Manager, Brand Marketing to support all brand marketing initiatives, events and partnerships as executional owner, as well as to be a source of innovative strategic thinking and contribution to the brand team. Our Manager, Brand Marketing will facilitate new opportunities and avenues to drive our commercial and community goals, to work cross-functionally to realize short- and long-term partnership agreements, to execute high value partnerships and marketing activations to consumers’ delight, and to meet (and exceed!) our success metrics for awareness and brand interest.
This role will report to our VP, Brand & Communications, work in lockstep with our creative and community directors, and collaborate closely with our performance, retail, and medical teams.
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Build and support a smart, scrappy strategy for key partnership launches over the next 12 months, with distinct KPIs attached that ladder up to larger commercial goals and initiatives
- Identify best potential partners for the various arenas of business development, including but not limited to:
- Co-Branded Awareness Partnerships and Events
- Packaging and Gifting
- Key Launch Marketing Initiatives
- Conferences, Giveaways & Other Brand Activations
- Establish connections to and first conversations with potential partners, pulling in key stakeholders where necessary to define and confirm partnership structure
- Support all executional brand marketing activities to ensure we meet our awareness and consideration goals, and that each initiative represents the brand strongly and productively.
- Develop and drive any/all brand marketing agreements to execution
- Support all projects as the partnership point for Brand from conception to launch, and ongoing – owning timelines, milestones, and deliverables both internally and partner-side
- Establish core KPIs and goals for each marketing initiative with brand team
- Own report-out on results to team as needed on each initiative’s impact and viability, evolving terms and tactics as needed to continue to yield success
- 3+ years of experience in brand marketing, focused on developing corporate, brand, and influencer for either a direct or an omnichannel B2C business
- Degree in marketing and communications or MBA preferred, focused interest on brand marketing a necessity
- Background in food, parent & baby or CPG consumer markets a plus
- Diverse and well-maintained professional community, with key contacts at both leadership and management levels
- Strong organization and project management capabilities
- Meticulous attention to detail, and proficiency building partnership models to address both short-term (quick wins) and long-term (scalable) goals
- Proven and clearly defined partnership success stories that have achieved awareness goals, consideration goals, and acquisition goals – or all three
- Proven experience with concept development to execution, including excellent collaboration and flexibility as a team player
- Working knowledge and experience in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with and adaptability to the various channels of integrated content including but not limited to digital, social media, paid media, mobile, POS and retail, but also offline and print
- Strong vision with an unwavering dedication to creative solutions and problem-solving