ByHeart is a fully integrated infant nutrition company, dedicated to translating leading nutrition science and breastmilk research into evolved foods and formulas to support babies’ health and parents’ peace of mind. Ahead of our first planned product launch in 2021, we recently secured $70M in our Series A Financing, including lead investors Polaris Partners, D1 Capital and OCV Partners, and welcomed Former Pfizer Baby Nutrition Leader and Former CEO of J2 Global (What to Expect, BabyCenter, and Everyday Health) to our Board of Directors.
Our team is comprised of world-class doctors, pediatric researchers, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who believe in feeding freedom, which means all parents have the very best choices – whenever and wherever they need them.
ByHeart is building out its Accounting and Finance function and is looking to hire the first member of the FP&A team. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will be a core member of the finance team and play a major role in monthly/quarterly/annual forecasting and building cross-functional alignment. You will also be responsible for various business cases for strategic decisions and will work closely with the Strategy team. Our ideal candidate is a highly analytical and independent thinker who leverages business judgment, driven by data, to drive critical strategic decision.
Reports To: CFO
Location: New York
Start Date: Immediate
- Increase visibility to business operations: Develop deep understanding of unit economics, drivers of variance, and other key analyses and KPIs
- Lead planning & budgeting: Own quarterly and annual financial planning, reporting, and budget reviews with senior leadership
- Facilitate good decision-making: Create the analyses and processes for a fast-growing startup to scale efficiently and make data-driven decisions
- Drive improvement projects: Coordinate reviews with cross functional working teams and assign / track corrective tasks
- Investor and internal stakeholder relations: Create analyses and presentations to communicate business progress
- Work closely on the Impact Weighted Financial Statements with IWAI and roll out the statements for Byheart in H1’2022
- Perform process improvements and implement new planning and reporting tools – BI or other enhancements to the systems
- Build KPIs and scorecards for business and work closely with Growth Marketing team on key metrics to track
- Significant ad-hoc and special project opportunities for leadership and analytics
Skills & Qualifications
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, worked either in consumer goods sector or investment banking
- Advanced experience of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with e-commerce, retail and/or CPG is preferable
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and ability to work in a faced past environment
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Ann Power at firstname.lastname@example.org