ByHeart is a fully integrated infant nutrition company dedicated to translating leading nutrition science and breastmilk research into evolved foods and formulas to support babies’ health and parents’ peace of mind. Ahead of our first planned product launch in 2021, we recently secured $70M in our Series A Financing, including lead investors Polaris Partners, D1 Capital and OCV Partners, and welcomed Former Pfizer Baby Nutrition Leader and Former CEO of J2 Global (What to Expect, BabyCenter, and Everyday Health) to our Board of Directors.
Our team is comprised of world-class doctors, pediatric researchers, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who believe in feeding freedom, which means all parents have the very best choices – whenever and wherever they need them.
About The Role
As we prepare for a year of brand-building in advance of our first commercial launch in 2021, we’re hiring a Copywriter. We’re looking for a writer with warmth and humor; someone who isn’t afraid to dive in and learn about the science of nutrition, but can just as easily crack a witty pun.
You’ll love this role if you’re a storyteller at heart. You have a sharp eye for editing and always have your finger to the pulse of all things wellness. You feel energized by collaboration. You understand the nuances between content channels. You know how to distill information down to its clearest, most engaging forms, but also understand the moments in which copy should run longer in order to tell a story properly. You’re looking for the chance to build something from scratch, and find a role you can grow in.
This position will report to our Content Director on the Creative Team, and will work closely with our VP, Brand & Communications, Medical Writer, Social Media and Community Manager, and Creative Director to develop seamless brand content across consumer and professional markets.
Working closely with our Content Director, this person will:
- Craft copy for marketing collateral, including but not limited to marketing inserts and early-stage growth copy (basic SEM and paid ads)
- Collaborate with Content Director, Creative Director, and Social Media Manager to create original content (infographics, grid posts, stories, reels, tweets, etc.) to live on social channels
- Write weekly newsletters in support of content and marketing strategy
- Support Cluster (our parent portal) as an editor and potential contributor
- Work closely with our Medical Writer to distill scientific and medical information and studies to create best-in-class content
- Keep your finger to the pulse in terms of current trends in order to create engaging, relevant creative
- Partner with Creative Director and designers to make your creative visions come to life
Requirements and Responsibilities
- 2+ years copywriting, preferably for a wellness-based CPG brand or mission-driven business. Experience writing about health, nutrition, or food a major plus!
- Experience writing newsletters, social (both paid and organic), and digital copy
- Strong portfolio of past work. Editorial writing appreciated but not required.
- SEO, SEM, and UX copy experience a plus
- A collaborative team player with a “no task too small” mindset
- Strong organization and project management capabilities, with a meticulous attention to detail and minor obsession for grammar
- Proven experience crafting creative from concept development through to execution
- Ability to work in close collaboration with our visual creative team to make these copy and creative concepts “come to life”
- Prior experience working with a design and production team preferred