BVA is a place where individuals with different backgrounds, perspectives, and preferences are welcomed and appreciated. We support a diverse client base and want to build a company reflective of that. That’s why at BVA, we do our best to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
We’re working to strengthen our inclusive culture by providing flexible work schedules for those who need it, paid parental leave to support our working parents, and offer unlimited PTO to allow staff to take the holidays and breaks that are important to them. We offer twice-yearly performance reviews and ensure managers complete bias training to ensure fairness in our process.
We’re excited to further our commitment in 2021 by using our platform to provide pro bono support to minority owned businesses via workshops, 1:1 coaching sessions, and project support.
BVA is an equal opportunity employer who recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.As a BVA Lead Developer, you'll lead a team to craft creative front-end work and custom, highly-converting, eCommerce storefronts. You'll lend your expertise in conversion rate optimization - helping brands you know and love leverage data to accelerate revenue. You'll work directly with our award-winning creative team, account strategists and project managers to produce work you can be proud of for brands your friends have heard of.
What you’ll do…
- Translate requirements and mockups into fully functioning websites using HTML/CSS/JS/Liquid
- Manage a team of 5-10 mid and associate level developers
- Deliver high output as an individual contributor across an array of projects while meeting deadlines
- Rigorously educate yourself on the latest development techniques and best practices
- Solve technical problems and clearly communicate solutions to team members and clients
- Create documentation for internal teams as well as clients
- Act as a primary technical resource for BVA’s cross-discipline agile teams
- Implement new digital technologies or development techniques that help to meet client goals and business objectives
- Research and deliver the best technical implementations for our eCommerce partners
- Continuously look for ways to improve conversion rates and implement A/B tests
- Perform code reviews, with valuable feedback and mentoring, for mid and associate level developers
What you’ll need
- 5+ years experience converting design mockups into interactive digital experiences
- At least 1 year of experience managing and mentoring junior staff members
- Proficiency in asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Experience working within CMS systems (Wordpress, Drupal, etc.)
- Experience using JS libraries, such as jQuery, React, Vue.js, or Angular
- Deep understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Well-versed in version control systems, such as Git
- A passion for front-end architecture as well as driven attitude towards learning new web technologies
- A solid portfolio of quality, hand-coded responsive web projects (github, codepen, etc.)
- A knack for creating captivating user experiences through today’s leading technology stacks
Bonus points for…
- eCommerce development experience (Shopify, Magento, Volusion, etc.)
- Understanding of conversion rate optimization or data-driven product development (analytics, a/b testing, etc.)
- Knowledge in full stack development (Node.js,PHP,MySQL)
- Experience in agile development teams and agile best practices
- Open-source contributor / active development community member
- Experience developing with front-end prototype frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agency environment with multiple projects assigned at once
- Computer science or related, quantitative, undergraduate degree, development certificate, or comparable educational achievement
Who we are...
- We are a team that leads with results, works hard to build the better, optimizes inward, stays gritty, and strives for excellence.
- We enjoy tons of office perks, a full social calendar, casual dress code, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO and free swag from premier client brands.
- We are motivated, ambitious and ready to join forces with you to take on the digital world!
What we do...
- We’re one of the six pioneer Shopify Plus agency partners, currently the largest in the world.
- We partner with Shopify Plus, Google, Yotpo, Dynamic Yield and Workarea to offer website design/development, digital marketing, Amazon services and conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- We are innovative, data driven eCommerce experts with a best-in-class technology stack that allows us to create valuable digital experiences and accelerated revenue for our clients.
***Please note, BVA is unable to sponsor employment visas at this time***