The Head of Strategy is responsible for working with current & prospective clients to identify their digital needs & opportunities & mapping them to BVA services where possible, while helping clients & prospects evolve their own digital thinking, grow revenues, & achieve market success. Reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer, this position will support & help execute BVA’s go-to-market strategy while strengthening our reputation in the Shopify ecosystem as an innovator and the leading services provider.
***Please note, BVAccel is unable to sponsor employment visas at this time***
What you’ll do…
- Serve as the senior strategic executive interacting with client executives & stakeholders on high-value accounts, helping maintain acceptable levels of referenceability, retention, & overall satisfaction
- Partner with Client Services to develop & maintain a strategic account plan for each portfolio account, proactively identifying & recommending new business opportunities & BVA services to high-value accounts.
- Partner with Sales to pitch new business for designated, high-value target prospects & assisting with new business sales into current accounts, as needed.
- Partner with Marketing & Strategic Partnerships to create, shape, & disseminate thought leadership into the digital commerce market & the Shopify ecosystem to enhance BVA’s credibility & brand.
- Serve as a DTC brand & digital commerce subject matter expert by proactively offering DTC, retail, & other industry-focused insights & digital commerce expertise to client executives.
- Mentor & provide advice to Client Partners & Strategists to ensure client/account success.
What you’ll need…
- 10+ years of digital/ecommerce consulting experience or equivalent experience directly managing a digital/ecommerce channel
- 8+ years of recent experience growing & managing complex client relationships in a professional services environment
- Successful track record consulting with & selling directly to senior/c-level executives
- Subject matter expertise in DTC brands & retail; additional expertise in one or more of the following industries: health & beauty, fashion/apparel/accessories, luxury goods, CPG, sports & outdoors
- Ability to leverage industry & customer data/insights to drive strategic decisions
- Experience working in a matrixed environment to build consensus & drive positive results
- Very strong written & verbal communication skills, with experience in proposal, business case, & SOW development
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Who we are…
- A well established and capitalized company operating in two of the most exciting and fastest growing industries (ecommerce & digital advertising)
- We’re a member of San Diego Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, because we are passionate, high-growth, fast paced and all in
- We enjoy tons of office perks, a full social calendar, casual dress code, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO and free swag from premier client brands
What we do…
- We are innovative, data driven eCommerce experts with a best-in-class technology, creative, design, marketing and Amazon services capabilities
- Our clients are some of the fastest growing and most well regarding digital first retail brands in the US
- We’re one of the six pioneer Shopify Plus agency partners and currently work with a variety of technology partners across ecommerce and digital advertising