We’re working to strengthen our inclusive culture by providing flexible work schedules for those who need it, paid parental leave to support our working parents, and offer unlimited PTO to allow staff to take the holidays and breaks that are important to them. We offer twice-yearly performance reviews and ensure managers complete bias training to ensure fairness in our process.
We’re excited to further our commitment in 2021 by using our platform to provide pro bono support to minority owned businesses via workshops, 1:1 coaching sessions, and project support.
BVA is an equal opportunity employer who recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
What you'll do...
- Translate requirements and mockups into fully functioning websites using HTML/CSS/JS
- Continuously look for ways to improve conversion rates and implement A/B tests
- Rigorously educate yourself on the latest development techniques and best practices
- Clearly communicate technical solutions to team members and clients both verbally and in written documentation
- Implement new digital technologies or development techniques that help to meet client goals and business objectives
- Deliver the best technical implementations for our eCommerce partners - all rooted in acquisition, conversion and retention
What you'll need...
- eCommerce development experience (Shopify, Magento, Volusion, etc.)
- An excellent ability to convert PSD mockups into interactive digital experiences
- Demonstrated proficiency in hand-coding HTML using semantic markup, and CSS layout/positioning
- Experience using JS Frameworks (jQuery, Vue.js, React etc.)
- A solid portfolio of quality, hand-coded responsive web projects
- A passion for front-end architecture as well as driven attitude towards learning new web technologies
- A solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- A knack for creating captivating user experiences through today’s leading technology stacks
- Ability to emulate existing HTML projects and create new ones that seamlessly integrate with existing code
Bonus points for...
- Understanding of conversion rate optimization or data-driven product development (analytics, a/b testing, etc.)
- Experience developing with prototype frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Experience integrating dynamic content solutions with AJAX or API Services
- Familiarity developing with CSS pre-processors (LESS, SASS, etc.)
- Knowledge of version control systems (SVN/GitHub etc.)
- Versed in agile development and best practices
Who we are...
- We are a team that leads with results, works hard to build the better, optimizes inward, stays gritty, and strives for excellence.
- We enjoy tons of office perks, a full social calendar, casual dress code, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO and free swag from premier client brands.
- We are motivated, ambitious and ready to join forces with you to take on the digital world!
What we do...
- We’re one of the six pioneer Shopify Plus agency partners, currently the largest in the world.
- We partner with Shopify Plus, Google, Yotpo, Dynamic Yield and Workarea to offer website design/development, digital marketing, Amazon services and conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- We are innovative, data driven eCommerce experts with a best-in-class technology stack that allows us to create valuable digital experiences and accelerated revenue for our clients.
**BVA is currently unable to sponsor employment visas**