We’re building the largest commerce partner company in the world and we’re looking for a talented Software Engineer to help us get there. You’ll have the opportunity to support and lead projects for a variety of partners on the Shopify Plus and Workarea commerce platforms. You’ll launch storefronts for partners new to eCommerce, help partners re-platform to Shopify and Workarea, and help our existing partners enhance their current storefronts
*** BVAccel is unable to provide employment visa sponsorship***
What you'll do...
- Work on a modern tech stack to deliver unique eCommerce experiences for a multitude of partners who are using the Shopify or Workarea platforms.
- Work on a range of tasks including large custom features, 3rd party integrations, server management, and anything else that helps our partners achieve their business objectives.
- Contribute to all parts of the software lifecycle process, including defining requirements, estimating, planning, prototyping, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Design and develop code to be scalable and reusable across a range of client sizes and business needs
- Partner with different roles within the organization to ensure timely delivery and accuracy
What you'll need...
- 3-5 years of programming experience
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Ruby or other OO language preferred)
- Experience with at least one web framework (Ruby on Rails preferred)
- Experience working with git and the command line
- An appreciation for well written unit and integration tests
- The desire to write clean, efficient, reliable code
- Ability to thrive in a results-oriented, high-freedom work environment
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement
Bonus points for...
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services (Google Cloud, MS Azure, Heroku, Digital Ocean, etc)
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with MongoDB
- eCommerce development experience (Shopify Plus, Magento, etc.)
- Versed in agile development practices
- Experience in a multi-project / agency environment
Who we are...
- We are a team that leads with results, works hard to build the better, optimizes inward, stays gritty, and strives for excellence.
- We’re a member of San Diego Business Journal’s 2017 Best Places to Work, a 100+ person work fam, passionate, high-growth, fast paced and all in.
- We enjoy tons of office perks, a full social calendar, casual dress code, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO, free commuter benefits, and swag from premier client brands.
- We are motivated, ambitious and ready to join forces with you to take on the digital world!
What we do...
- We’re one of the six pioneer Shopify Plus agency partners, currently the largest in the world.
- We partner with Shopify Plus, Google, Yotpo, Dynamic Yield and Workarea to offer website design/development, digital marketing, Amazon services and conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- We are innovative, data-driven eCommerce experts with a best-in-class technology stack that allows us to create valuable digital experiences and accelerated revenue for our clients.
BVAccel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.