About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed is looking for a shopping- and products-focused writer for a year long fixed-term position in our Toronto office. BuzzFeed's shopping section is an expanding editorial endeavour that includes both service-oriented and entertaining content for a shopping-minded audience (see our "Shopping" page for examples).
You are an experienced and conversational writer in consumer- and shopping-related content. You will help our audience discover great products through fun and informative formats, from themed roundups to personal reviews and more. If you're the type of person who's constantly discovering bizarre kitchen gadgets, coupon codes, or interesting stores and sending links to your friends until they beg you to stop, we'd love to hear from you!
- Research products in several categories and price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience.
- Write and edit shareable, unique product roundups and SEO-friendly shopping guides and reviews.
- Track your posts' site traffic and affiliate analytics.
- 1+ years experience editing and writing for a magazine or website, or blogging/writing experience about consumer products
- Genuine love for the internet and online shopping
- An understanding of the BuzzFeed audience and voice
- Previous affiliate experience a big plus
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.