About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.\
BuzzFeed Media is looking for a SEO Fellow to support multiple BuzzFeed verticals and brands including BuzzFeed, Complex, and HuffPost. This person will be responsible for optimizing content to reach users through search and executing on short and long term SEO growth strategies.
As a SEO Fellow, you’ll report to the SEO lead and be an essential part of the SEO team. You’ll work in a detail-oriented, data-focused environment which thrives on trends, case studies, and algorithm changes. This role has the ability to be remote.
- Work closely with Content and Product to optimize sections of BuzzFeed media.
- Perform content gap analysis and keyword research to provide intent-based improvements and additions to BuzzFeed Media products
- Learn best practices and how to optimize content for Google Organic and Discover
- Use Google Search Console to identify trends in performance, indexation, errors, and response codes
- Use Looker and Google Analytics to analyze and monitor the overall site and specific page performance on Google
- Create internal link campaigns that follow SEO best practices and experiment to create the best results in rank and traffic.
- Collect and analyze information on competitor strategies
- An interest in Google search, ranking and what SEO is!
- Sharable and conversational writing and editing skills, including strong spelling, grammar, and attention to detail
- An interesting in learning about mobile traffic and how to rank on other Google properties than just organic traffic
- A love of getting a little analytical in content and learning why content works through a traffic/rank perspective
- A love for working with users and fostering creativity in communities
- A strong sense of internet and pop culture trends
- Willingness to take feedback and make data-driven decisions in their day-to-day work
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.