Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear and style, food, music, sneakers and sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, and content where it creates and distributes original programming for Gen Z and Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku and more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content and advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, and agency consulting services.
- Work collaboratively with all teams under the Brand Partnerships umbrella (Creative Strategy, Partner Solutions, Production, Branded Entertainment, etc) to concept, create, and bring-to-life best in class campaigns — ranging from digital to product to experiential.
- Create brand guidelines, templates, and guiding marketing materials with a focus on identity, branding, and packaging for video content
- Ensure adherence to current processes, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and proposing and creating processes and tools to support operations
- Manage multiple projects, deliverables, and timelines simultaneously
- Establish goals and priorities for the team
- Support Creative Director in the smooth running of the design team by managing and mentoring team members. Show a keen sense of team comradery and enthusiasm for building team culture.
- Lead conversations with excellent communication skills
- Staying up-to-date with current design trends and techniques
- Work in a detail-oriented fashion, delivering high-quality projects according to initial specs and requirements on time and on budget
- Minimum 6 years of experience in design for motion at an agency, commercial, or network level
- Must be able to design for a motion graphics workflow
- Candidates must demonstrate a refined, stylish approach to typography and layout
- Candidates must be imaginative, resourceful, and able to handle multiple projects quickly and efficiently
- A natural ability to collaborate with others and thrive under pressure
- Mastery of creative suite – Illustrator, Photoshop – is a must
- Experience with After Effects, Premiere, Cinema 4D is a plus Sketchup, Sketch, UI/UX design
- Communicates Effectively
- Cultivates Innovation
- Builds Effective Teams
- Plans and aligns
- Manages Conflict
- Develops Talent
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.