About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is looking for a detailed customer-service-focused individual to help manage BuzzFeed's advertising operations. As the Account Manager, you will lead in the creation of strategic sales proposals, and develop ideas and concepts to solve client goals that are rooted in storytelling and insights. You will be your client's primary contact to ensure the success of the program and help promote renewals.
We are hiring for roles in our New York and Los Angeles offices, supporting multiple categories.
- Partner with Sales in building successful client and agency relationships, growing the partnership and in selling through BuzzFeed solutions and strategy.
- Work with our teams to maintain successful agency and advertiser relationships
- Hold a general knowledge of all aspects of industry and clients' business and the ability to apply that knowledge to meaningful insights, counsel and planning for your client's business and BuzzFeed assignments.
- Enter and manage insertion orders within third-party and internal sales operations systems
- Be your client's primary contact for the program while providing reporting, monitoring program performance and delivery
- Partner with Creative, Production, Distribution and other teams to successfully launch and manage programs and production schedules
- Report to our Director of Account Management.
- 3+ years experience working at a publisher, media or creative agency managing a brand's digital advertising strategy, creative development and buying activities
- Experience partnering with our teams to brainstorm solutions that achieve client goals and future needs
- Experience in a client-facing role and comfortable presenting to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly
- Worked on complex programs across a variety of spend levels and markets, with experience of client growth
- Experience reporting and monitoring program performance and delivery by working with distribution and advertising operations teams
- Project management experience and ability to navigate and communicate deliverables with accuracy
- Experience and ability to tell a story using data, research and insights research
- Keynote, Powerpoint, Excel, Google Product Suite, Basecamp, Slack and Boostr knowledge
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.