BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
We're looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our team at BuzzFeed. This is a newly created position that will be tasked with creating a formal research practice within our technology organization. You'll be responsible for determining the right research approach given the goals, creating research plans, moderating and analyzing studies, and partnering with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Product Analysts to inform strategic direction for our teams.
At BuzzFeed, we have an established Market Research team you'll get the opportunity to partner with, and we have a talented team of Product Analysts who do quantitative analytics which will complement qualitative efforts. We also have a large, engaged audience that are eager and ready to share their perspectives.As a UX Researcher, you'll be a part of the Product Design team at BuzzFeed, which is made up of multidisciplinary designers, who are individually responsible for all aspects of design: user research, UX design, visual design, prototyping and, on the web, front-end implementation. Additionally, our designers are key collaborators when it comes to cross-disciplinary activities such as product discovery and A/B experiment definition, design and analysis. You can read more about our recruiting practices on Github. You can also read about our latest diversity numbers.
- Effectively manage stakeholders and partners inside and outside of Tech to prioritize the most impactful research projects
- Partnering with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Product Analysts to conceptualize, run, and analyze research studies; and to define what qualitative and quantitative data will be important at the onset of projects
- Establishing evaluative and generative UX research practices to inform and support creation and iteration of all of our digital products across internal tools, websites, and apps
- Enabling Product Managers and Product Designers to learn and apply research skills
- Supporting operational research tasks like sourcing participants and scheduling research sessions
- Establishing a repository of research findings and insights and evangelize research across the organization
- Identifying and advocating for external vendor support, contractors, or additional hires when and if needed
- You have end-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- You have experience building flexible and scrappy research projects, and are able to strategically scope projects according to potential impact
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, and are able to communicate complex information clearly across varying levels of the organization
- You have experience delivering actionable insights and analyses that impact product strategies and roadmaps
- You have successfully brought cross functional partners into the research process
- You have examples of past work experience and deliverables that demonstrate impact, include examples of generative and evaluative research, and ability to manage large research projects from start to finish
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.