BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Social Media Video fellow to join our team. You will work on social video strategy, and have a hand in video publishing on all social platforms. Fellows work 40 hours per week Monday - Friday and are initially paid $18/hour. All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply.
- Assist with Tasty’s video publishing strategy across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Help with promoting Tasty’s Shoppable Recipes product across our social channels.
- Engage with the BuzzFeed community across platforms.
- Embed with Tasty’s video teams and help them set up their content for success on various social platforms.
- Communicate and brainstorm with content creators and video creators to achieve goals and meet deadlines, analyzing and reporting on social performance, trends, and new opportunities.
- Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
- 1-2 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
- An interest in food and cooking content
- Social media reporting experience and data analysis skills
- An understanding of social video and how to optimize it for different platforms.
- Preferably experience with lightweight video editing/knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- An understanding of virality and the media landscape
- Be a self-motivated person who isn't afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
- Understand Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and why content on those platforms became popular
- Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.