HuffPost UK is seeking an experienced and energetic Deputy Audience Editor to help grow our reach, loyalty and engagement in line with growth targets.
We’re looking for a digital journalist to work at the heart of our newsroom to help make decisions on distribution, commissioning and curation to ensure our stories are read at scale.
You’ll have a firm grasp of audience data, search engine optimisation and social programming. Experience with newsletters, homepage editing and push notifications is a plus.
The editor will be fast and precise in breaking news events, while also staying organised as they manage long-term projects.
This is a critical role with relationships across the entire UK edition, so it’s essential you have strong written and verbal communication skills and enjoy collaborating with other editors and writers.
You should be able to talk about audience data with confidence and make decisions that are informed jointly by data and your editorial experience.
- Write and edit headlines, using analytics tools to make insights-driven decisions to ensure the right content goes to the right audience and platforms
- Use the most visually arresting images to increase engagement across all our content, including exclusives
- Manage social media accounts to grow audiences on and off site, and look for opportunities to develop our social strategy on both established and new platforms
- Nurture HuffPost UK’s relationship with third-party platforms (Apple News, Upday, Flipboard, etc) including day-to-day communication to make them aware of our priority articles to ensure we are first to deliver stories to them
- Use analytics tools to improve understanding of what does well on each platform, then use this knowledge to communicate best practice across the newsroom and maximise the impact of our journalism
- You will edit the front page of the HuffPost UK website and news app, to best curate our journalism and maximise impact and audience, including our weekend content, special projects and for big events, e.g. the Oscars, elections
- Significant experience working in a fast-paced digital newsroom
- A sophisticated understanding of how to use data to inform journalism
- Great communication skills (and a sense of humour wouldn’t hurt)
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.