HuffPost is looking for a Senior Trends Reporter to join our UK edition to cover the day’s most compelling stories.
The ideal candidate will uncover stories and find unique angles that resonate with a large audience. They will have a proven record of injecting flair, intelligence and imagination into their copy.
You must be able to confidently write about a range of topics, including national news, politics and pop culture, and turn your hand to a variety of formats, such as breaking news, explainers and photo-led articles.
The candidate will be motivated by HuffPost’s editorial mission and have confidence and experience in evaluating sources and framing stories that fit the highest journalistic standards.
It’s essential you know how to write a great headline and select gripping images. Knowledge of how to optimise stories for search engines and social media is a plus.
This role is suited to a highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively. You should also be familiar with using data to inform the stories you publish and have a knack for understanding audience trends.
- Publish several stories a day to engage our readers.
- Play a key role in ensuring HuffPost UK’s stories cut through.
- Monitor trends, breaking news and current affairs.
- Contribute ideas for upcoming events.
- 4+ years’ experience in digital journalism highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience within digital news journalism.
- Ability to leverage traditional reporting skills with digital tools and data.
- A strong understanding of media law.
*Please include three examples of recent work in your application as PDFs.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.