BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Writer to join the branded Creative team in New York. You will work with the wider team to develop BuzzFeed content for advertising partners. Do you have experience writing for the internet? Do people love your Instagram stories/TikToks/tweets? Are you the first of your friends to know the latest meme or internet trend? Done some editorial work and want to switch over to branded? This may be the position for you! We're looking for someone who loves creating exciting branded work.
- Create exciting and shareable BuzzFeed content — this could be BuzzFeed lists, quizzes, polls, shopping articles, social assets, and copy for display ads
- Contribute to Creative meetings and brainstorm sessions
- Pitch ideas, both internally and directly to clients
- Work with our Sales and Account Management teams to ensure the brand’s needs are met through clear and open communication
- Manage multiple projects at a time and work with several different teams across the business organization
- 3+ years of experience writing and producing content online
- Experience writing and producing a lot of content across many topics, from food to fashion to finance and beyond
- Experience translating client needs into amazing branded content
- Experience writing for Latinx and multicultural audiences is a huge plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.