BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
The Business and Content Analytics team focuses on growing and engaging BuzzFeed’s audiences across distributed platforms. The team is data-driven and results-focused. We are seeking a talented analyst who thrives at the intersection of data, creativity, and business. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical, analytical, and product background and wants to use their skills to push the edges of advertising and marketing technology while ensuring ethical and thoughtful decisions are made on how data is used.
This position is full-time as part of the Business and Content Analytics team and is based in either our New York or Los Angeles office. Work will be from home until safe to return to the office (Work from home cleared until August 2021).
- Leverage data to understand our audiences and properties in-depth then identify areas of opportunity to help maximize earnings. Once these areas are identified, communicate with diverse teams and follow-through to make it happen.
- Work both cross-platform distributed BuzzFeed publishing platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat, as well as onsite BuzzFeed.com and our mobile apps powered via Google Ad Manager
- Processing, cleaning, and validating the integrity of data used for analysis
- Generate analytics dashboards (Looker/LookML a plus)
- Work closely with the business & tech teams to deliver accurate data sources and create analysis
- 2+ years of experience with digital advertising or advertising platforms
- 1+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience
- 1+ years experience with SQL (Preferably BigQuery)
- Ability to process and analyze data sets, and interpret them to inform business decisions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to simplify complex analysis for non-technical teams
- Experience with publisher-side AdTech
- Experience with advertising platforms (Google Ads Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, etc..) and audience data platforms (Liveramp, Quantcast, etc…)
- Experience with Looker/Lookml development
- Experience with Python, R, or other scripting languages
- Interest in social video, internet culture and digital advertising
- Experience with Git/Version Control
- Project experience with interactions between business and engineering teams.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.