BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Revenue System Operations Manager to join our Business Operations team. BuzzFeed is working remotely through at least September 2021, but this role will be tied to our NYC, LA or Chicago office.
- Project manage across Operations Teams and Finances groups to continually monitor and update Product Catalog & Rate Cards in Operative One
- Work with Account Management and Operations to ensure orders are accurately entered, reserved, and updated in Order Management Systems
- Track new revenue initiatives with supporting research and regular progress to inform success of projects and next steps.
- Support ongoing ad hoc revenue projects and partnerships
- Develop insightful quantitative analysis, reporting, and predictive models to support well-informed decision making on pricing, packaging, inventory, and yield management
- Project manage data connection initiatives between Boostr (CRM) and Operative to develop increased visibility in inventory forecasting
- Vendor Management - Work directly with vendors to communicate business needs by creating detailed requirement documentation which defines our business needs/requirements which will ultimately guide vendor development.
- Training – Lead system training for both sales and traffickers and teach them key concepts in order management, trafficking, order optimization, delivery reconciliation and pacing.
- Business Analyst - Directly work with digital business leads to collect and document all business requirements and translate business requirements into system requirements. Identify process improvements across planning and account management with the goal to optimize business operations.
- 3-4 years experience in digital media, advertising operations, or similar
- Experience with advertising systems (especially Operative) strongly preferred, but not required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail combined with superior organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Experience creating scalable processes and workflows
- Organized self-starter with a focus on excellence and entrepreneurship, with proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Team player with the ability to work effectively in a high energy and rapidly evolving organization
- Comfortable working with sales and other client-facing teams
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and mediate a large volume of demands and requests
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.