BuzzFeed is looking for data scientists to join its New York, London, and Minneapolis offices. We’re seeking passionate professionals who have a proven track record using data in a meaningful way - whether building product or supporting decision-making. You balance technical expertise, domain knowledge and a capacity to be deeply inquisitive.
BuzzFeed’s data science team works on a wide range of problems across BuzzFeed’s product and business units. The team uses data-driven methods to power decisions, inform strategy, build robust data products, and identify opportunities for innovation across the company. We are true hybrids - software engineers, statisticians, mathematicians, domain experts and analysts - who specialize in translating questions into methodical approaches, experiments, and products. We think deeply about the limitations of data, and communicate our output coherently.
- Collect, interpret, and disseminate data to allow for rapid product and content experimentation.
- Build learning loops in which user experiences generate insights used to create growth and engagement across different platforms.
- Develop and foster services that will use data to create personalized and optimized experiences.
- Develop KPIs in a cross-platform world.
- Support development of data tools, such as dashboards and A/B testing platforms.
- Communicate complex ideas in a clear way to product, engineering, and editorial teams.
- 2+ years of industry experience, working on data-related initiatives.
- Experience in applying Machine Learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms, or Classification techniques towards consumer-facing product and tools.
- Proficiency with both Python programming language, and SQL query language.
- Experience with social data or media is a plus.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!