The position will focus on online ad trafficking and strategy of BuzzFeed branded content. This includes video, post and short form assets to be optimized across multiple platforms (i.e. BuzzFeed.com and Facebook). This will require daily interaction with our internal teams such as Client Services, Sales, Operations, and our external clients to ensure consistent and smooth delivery of all advertising campaigns.
- Campaign management and ad trafficking (Facebook/Instagram/Youtube/DFP/Pinterest/Twitter) for BuzzFeed branded content partners and key BuzzFeed accounts
- Interact with account managers, developers, project managers, design, and publishing partners on various ops projects.
- Demonstrate platform expertise and develop content distribution strategies for both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage relationships with publishers, media vendors, and third party vendors to maximize the performance of existing buys and stay current with new products/features
- Convey campaign results and insights to internal stakeholders and clients
- Continually test and evaluate new strategies, tactics, and partnerships in an effort to evolve and improve our product offering
- Actively contribute to the development and prioritization of new features and functionality for a constantly evolving product line
- Continuously focused on ensuring revenue is retained, as well as partnering with sales representatives and clients to increase renewal rates and advertising spend on BuzzFeed and related BuzzFeed Brands (i.e. Tasty)
- A minimum 2-3 years of media buying experience
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and efficient time-management skills
- Working knowledge of digital media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest), advertising data, and social/digital trends
- Advanced skills in Excel, including pivot tables and macros
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience preparing, analyzing and presenting campaign insights to key stakeholders
- Strong creative problem-solving skills and an ability to think outside the box and come up with unique solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrates curiosity of the digital media landscape and platforms
- Experience with third party ad servers - DART for Publishers preferred
- Demonstrated proclivity in Technology, Digital, and Social Advertising
- Managed and maintained media distribution for a portfolio of client accounts
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
- Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.