📣 A bit about the role.
The Senior People Advisor position is a true generalist HR role at Butternut with exciting opportunities to work across a breadth of project-based work and everyday tasks. In this role, you’ll be responsible for supporting managers and our squad members with people related processes, policies and compliance.
Our values are at the centre of everything we do, when you support a squad member or a manager it should be with #GenuineCare and an #Open&Honest approach. We’re always #StrivingForBetter, so you should always be looking for new ways to improve things and enhance our squad members' experience.
This role will report to the People Manager.
What you’ll get up to:
- You’ll be the point of contact for managers and squad members for guidance and support on people policies
- You’ll independently manage Employee Relations cases end-to-end including investigation, disciplinary, grievance, flexible working, occupational health, absence and performance management. You’ll provide commercially-sound advice throughout the process and display Genuine Care
- You’ll keep up to date with UK&I employment law and working practices, updating our guidelines, documentation and Notion pages as necessary to remain compliant
- You’ll support in maintaining our HR system, Charlie HR with high levels of accuracy, partnering with our Payroll Lead to ensure they have everything they need to run a seamless, error-free payroll
- You’ll make sure that diversity, equity and inclusion is at the forefront of our policies and processes. You’ll champion, celebrate and maintain awareness of ways to make things equitable for all squad members
- You’ll provide accurate and detailed People-related data and reporting; including a proactive approach to absence management and attrition, ensuring we effectively monitor any trends that may require intervention
- You’ll help identify and lead on team projects or process improvement, keeping continuous improvement in mind – if things we put into place don’t work, let’s reflect, learn and make things better!
👋 A bit about you.
- You will have demonstrable Employee Relations experience, where you have led a number of complex cases end to end (please note that this is a must have)
- You have a strong understanding of current UK employment legislation, with the ability to apply a common-sense, commercial approach to solving problems
- You have experience leading or contributing to complex projects or process improvements
- You’re comfortable communicating and collaborating with people across all levels and naturally be discreet and operate with integrity
- You have an eye for detail and are accurate, with a focus on delivery and quality
- You’re comfortable using HR systems, analysing people data and producing regular and ad hoc reports
- You are comfortable working in a high growth environment where your work will be crucial to creating delightful experiences to team members
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
As a B-Corp certified company; you can be sure you are joining a sustainable company who care about our people, product and our impact on the environment.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- 5 paid 'paws' days per year to support to learning and/or wellbeing
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Enhanced parental leave
- Co-working office space. Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Lots of office dogs (Ajax, Brio, Basil, Chorizo, Lenny, Jasper, Peggy, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.