📣 A bit about the role.
As a Warehouse Team Leader at Rudie’s Kitchen (our site near Doncaster), you’ll make sure that our team deliver healthy meals and treats to dogs and their humans all over the world.
Butternut have big plans for growth and expansion and this is your chance to be a key player in making this happen. As a Warehouse Team Leader you help lead will activity in our stores and inbound/outbound operations. Reporting into the Warehouse Manager you’ll support the other Team Leaders in Production and Order Fulfilment.
As part of the role, you will:
- Be accountable for upkeep and delivery of high safety, quality & hygiene standards.
- To provide supervision, support and leadership to the warehouse team to meet key operational metrics of quality, stock accuracy, pick rates and waste
- Monitor & improve your teams performance in order to achieve growth, accuracy in a supportive environment
- To lead continuous improvements and problem solving initiatives which contribute to savings within the department / company
- Accurately plan daily tasks to ensure sufficient team members are in place to meet demand
- Work well with multiple functional teams including Engineering, Technical, Production and Order fulfilment.
👋 A bit about you.
- Passionate about creating and promoting a people-focused culture with quality at its heart
- Determined to lead through example with a drive to develop your team
- Humble and approachable for all employees being the first point of contact
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, including an ability to communicate with employees at all levels in a warm and understanding manor
- Creative and analytical thinker
- Demonstrated experience in a Warehouse Team Leader role
- Experience in a high-speed volume manufacturing environment
- Resilient and adaptable, faces into challenges and keen to help growth
- Someone who loves the pace and excitement of FMCG manufacturing
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
As a B-Corp certified company; you can be sure you are joining a sustainable company who care about our people, product and our impact on the environment.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 257.5 hours per year - includes statutory bank holiday entitlement
- 40 hours of prebooked paid "paws days" to work on your own wellbeing
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Pension with NEST
- Discounted private medical insurance with Vitality
- Cycle to work scheme
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Payday pizzas and Saturday breakfast for those of shift
- Daily free tea, coffee, squash and fruit
- Cool events and celebrations including our annual Butternut Get Together!
❗️A few things to note:
Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career, if it makes your application easier for you please feel free to complete the application form in your native language, we are really happy to translate it afterwards.
We are not looking for external agency support with this role.