😻 A bit about the opportunity:
Are you a hardworking, cat-centric person ready to embark on an exciting journey? We're on the lookout for someone to join the founding team of our Cat business. This is more than just a job; it's an opportunity to shape the future of our brand and customer experience.
There are 11 million Cats in the UK and, just like dogs, they are considered a member of the family so all we want is the best for them. The experience of owning a cat can be stressful, and the food industry has let cats down; what’s available isn’t meeting their needs for both taste and nutrition. In fact, many cat parents don’t even understand what those needs are in the first place. It’s making cats unhappy and unhealthy, and cat parents feel guilty and deflated. We think we can be the solution, and we are on a mission to deliver health and happiness to cats all over the UK.
📣 A bit about the role:
As the CRM Executive, your mission is clear: own the email marketing channel from all perspectives. CRM covers a lot—pretty much any communication we send out to our customers! At Butternut Box, we like to split CRM into three customer groups: leads, existing customers, and paused customers. The person we are looking for will be involved in journeys and experiences for all three. Turning those leads into as many new customers (and purrring cats) as possible will be your primary responsibility to begin with but the role will grow as you settle in. You'll have your own targets to hit and a lot of freedom to try and test new initiatives to reach your goals.
This is a hybrid working role, offering flexibility with some work-from-home days each week. We expect you to spend 3 days at the Box Office in White City - London, with the possibility of occasional travel to other locations as your role evolves. If you're ready to make a significant impact, join us on this exciting adventure of growth and innovation.
What you’ll do:
- Brief in and build campaigns (pre- and post-launch) designed to convert leads into customers
- Design, track and optimise our email flow for new customers to build brand loyalty and encourage them to stay with us
- Develop a reactivation email strategy to encourage paused customers to come back
- Responsible for high-quality execution of all email campaigns
- Optimise & develop ‘Always-On Campaigns’, triggered by a specific action on site. Say if they pause their account.
- Set up and maintain reports that deliver valuable data and insights about what’s working and what isn’t
- Identify trends, evaluate KPIs, make informed judgments, and take action on them.
- Work closely with our in-house brand & creative teams to deliver the right message with the right tone in a fun, impactful, and on-brand way.
- Work closely with our in-house digital product teams to deliver a customer interaction that is optimised for usability and functionality.
- Generate innovative ideas to support bold growth objectives.
- Foster relationships with the dog squad, collaborating on growth strategies.
👋A bit about you:
- Obsessed with cats. Naturally. - This is as important as your skills and experience 😉
- You are passionate about start-ups and love getting after a growth target.
- You are excited at the prospect of building an email marketing channel from scratch that is set up for long-term success
- You will be able to hit the ground running. We are envisaging at least 1-2 years of experience in a stimulating marketing communications role.
- Knowledge of an email platform (we use Iterable) and a basic understanding of HTML email coding & tech integrations
- You are genuinely passionate about marketing. We want to develop a brand that is unrivalled in the pet category, and we have super bold commercial goals (we want to grow quickly). To achieve that, we’ll need someone who loves the job and relishes the adventure.
- You love to solve problems. In any role, you will come up against obstacles that need creative solutions. These obstacles should motivate you rather than scare you.
- You are keen to become an expert on our customers. We have a good foundation of knowledge from the dog business, but we know cats are unique, so we’re working off a number of assumptions. You'll be keen to test (and maybe disprove) these assumptions and grow your understanding of motivations and behaviour.
- You are results-orientated. You will want to be responsible for the key things that we are trying to do and relish the accountability that it brings.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- Equity options
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- 5 paid 'paws' days per year to support to learning and/or wellbeing
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Enhanced parental leave
- Co-working office space. Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
❗️A few things to note:
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.