📣 A bit about the role.
We're on the lookout for a Digital Marketing Lead to join our UK & Ireland teams as part of our Marketing Growth team. This is a hybrid role where the successful candidate will be expected to work from our office in White City, London, three times a week: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
As a direct-to-consumer e-commerce business, we prioritise driving growth through our digital marketing endeavours. Our goal? To establish ourselves as the leading fresh dog food company in the UK, maintaining a strong growth trajectory over the next 5 years.
Working closely with the Head of Growth, you'll be spearheading the execution of top-notch campaigns and optimising our paid and organic digital channels. Your role also involves shaping our forward-looking marketing strategy.
You'll have a defined budget that you and your team will manage. Your efforts will span various objectives aimed at expanding our customer base, from acquiring new customers and boosting brand awareness to enhancing customer value and retention.
Being part of a broader marketing team will provide you with exposure to diverse marketing initiatives, offering a more comprehensive perspective on how digital marketing fuels business growth. Additionally, as an integral part of our business, you'll influence our digital product roadmap to align with our growth objectives.
🤩 In this role, you can expect to:
- Manage and develop two squad members responsible for campaign execution and development across paid digital media, affiliates, and search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Be responsible for investment steering to provide the highest possible return.
- Be responsible for overseeing the reporting and evaluation of digital marketing efforts to share with members of the wider company and our leadership team.
- Work with our Digital Product team to drive improvements to our digital campaigns.
- Work with our creative team to ensure we are developing and optimising our assets to drive an increasing level of performance.
- Be instrumental in proposing, devising, and developing our digital marketing strategies and testing our roadmap.
- Work with our international teams, sharing insights, best practices, and test results.
- Have a close relationship with our Brand team, conducting tests aimed at accelerating our growth from the top of the funnel.
- Assist in the development and execution of new market launches.
👋 A bit about you
Your application will really stand out if you are able to clearly highlight in your application:
- Be a hands-on expert in the management of paid search, paid social, and have a strong knowledge of SEO, understanding industry-level trends and developments.
- Solid digital marketing experience (either in-house or agency) managing annual budgets of above £5m, preferably in a direct-to-consumer or e-commerce environment.
- Be proficient in managing and optimising campaigns towards direct performance metrics such as cost per acquisition (CPA), return on ad spend (ROAS), return on investment (ROI).
- Have a proven track record of growing brands and managing teams in previous roles.
you are/have also
- Target-driven and passionate about digital marketing. You should always be looking to go further, learn more, and outperform yourself.
- Highly investigative mindset and always be looking to turn insight into action.
- Strong reporting skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- A willingness to be versatile and eager to learn new skills and lean into new trends.
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders and the ability to communicate complex information in a digestible manner.
- Share our belief that dogs deserve better!
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
As a B-Corp certified company; you can be sure you are joining a sustainable company who care about our people, product and our impact on the environment.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- 5 paid 'paws' days per year to support to learning and/or wellbeing
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Enhanced parental leave
- Co-working office space. Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Lots of office dogs (Ajax, Brio, Basil, Chorizo, Lenny, Jasper, Peggy, Pip, Rudi and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.