📣 A bit about the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high growth manufacturing business, Butternut Box. The Operations Manager will be part of the site leadership team and will report to the Site Director. The Operations Manager will play a key part in ensuring the Manufacturing, Fulfilment and Warehouse operations are continuously improving, scaling and delivering excellence to our customers everyday.
At Rudie’s Kitchen things change quickly and as Operations Manager you’ll be flexible and have experience in managing a change process, with people at the heart of what we do.
As part of the role:
- Expertise in a food manufacturing environment with a passion for continuous improvement and a site wide mentality which extends beyond production to all areas of the business.
- Lead, coach and support Team Leaders to drive operational excellence within our Kitchen, always striving to meet and exceed targets for tonnage, cost and number of happy and healthy dogs!
- Report daily and weekly KPI’s, offering a detailed account of variances to the production plan, Health & Safety, people and engineering priorities.
- Drive accountability and the culture for safe working practices in partnership with the Health & Safety Lead and shift leadership team.
- Be accountable for and drive standards on food safety and legislation requirements and in-house quality standards always with our end customers in mind.
- Identify training needs for the team and individuals and ensure adequate coaching and training to enhance flexibility by following an agreed training plan including mandatory compliance training and in-house on the job skills training.
- Promote a continuous improvement environment, identify constraints or bottlenecks and pull a team together to identify and resolve the issue and partner with your counterparts to drive the solution.
- Drive the continuous improvement of operational metrics, performance, and improvements.
Our Culture & Values:
- Be a culture carrier, leading by example and proactively upholding the Butternut Box values in everything you do!
- Develop a highly motivated and inclusive team while adopting an open, visible, and supportive management style.
- Ensure the site always operates at 'audit ready' standards and promote a proactive quality culture within the team.
- Ensure people policies and procedures are applied correctly and consistently across the team and a high performance bar is set.
- Ensure team members have a clear understanding of our company and team goals and their part in helping to achieve this, and help ensure the teams are provided with the resources to achieve this.
- Confidently undertake meaningful and regular 1:1’s with Squad members, ensuring they feel heard and that their feedback is important to you. You’ll consider their career aspirations, skills and background and tailor your style to their needs.
Communication & Partnership:
- Partner with the Site Leadership Team functional experts to achieve the best possible and aligned outputs and improvements.
- Work collaboratively with a cross functional team, including but not limited to, Finance, Procurement, People Team, Technical and Engineering.
- Messages and key communications are delivered to the teams and key stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner. You’ll have an excellence awareness of how your communication style impacts on others and you’ll tailor this to your audience.
A bit about you
- Loves dogs (naturally)
- Strong experience within the fast-moving consumer goods market (FMCG), preferably gained in the food industry within a team orientated culture
- Awareness of continuous improvement concepts and practices.
- Understanding of Health and Safety best practice and current legislative requirements
- A good level of experience gained in a high-speed volume manufacturing environment
- Supervisory experience with broad working knowledge of relevant safety legislation
- Pragmatic, adaptable, resilient and humble
- Well-practiced planning, organisation and scheduling skills
- Someone who loves the pace and excitement of FMCG manufacturing
- Ideally financial and budget control experience
- Hungry for a challenge and keen to build something from the ground up
- Easily approachable with good interpersonal skills, with creative thinking and analytical skills
- Results driven and action oriented
- Problem solving skills and priority setting
🐶 A bit about Butternut
At Butternut, the mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, they need a team of forward-thinking, driven people who love dogs as much as they do. And they need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why they have built one.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen will be the place where all the magic happens, so to speak. It's where the tasty Butternut meals and treats will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients because, the way they see it, they wouldn't serve food to dogs that they wouldn't be happy to eat themselves. At Butternut, they believe dogs deserve better, and if that's something you think too, we want to hear from you.
Butternut has come a long way since Kev & Dave (co-founders) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, and they are now looking for brilliant people to join the team for this next part of the story.
Are you up for the challenge?
🙌 A bit about what we offer
- 257.5 hours of holiday per year, plus an additional 8 hours per year of service (to a total of 5 years)
- 39 hours of pre-booked “Paws days” to support good wellbeing and self care.
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
!! A few things to note
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- There is no specific date this role will go down but we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.