📣 A bit about the role
Do you have the passion and desire to constantly strive for better? Have genuine care for dogs, their humans and our team (aka squad members), want to create a best in class customer experience and all whilst making it a great place to work. Then this is the job for you!
As a Production Team Leader you will lead a team to deliver our production plan to feed our happy and healthy dogs. Doing this whilst driving high team performance, embracing all aspects of the culture and functional requirements, making continuous improvements and elevating us to the next level. Reporting into the Shift Operations Manager you’ll support the daily operations and ensure our dogs are provided with the very best human-quality meals.
As part of the role:
- Accountable for our health and safety standards on shift, the upkeep and delivery through conducting daily Health and Safety audits with your Squad members, raising corrective actions to any nasties you may find and owning the resolution.
- Be competent in completing thorough Accident Investigations through root cause analysis and completing near miss reports. Ensuring that corrective actions are raised and closed out in a timely manner.
- Review training and development of staff through all areas of the kitchen by ensuring that Squad members are trained against relevant SOPs and other required training and documentation.
- Ensure that labour is managed effectively to ensure production can be maintained through the management of holidays and absences. Proactively managing and identifying issues.
- Quality & hygiene standards are increasingly important to us, so ensure that GMP standards are maintained at all times. As well as verification of IMS checks from cooking of our products to cleaning of all our equipment.
- Provide supervision, support and leadership to the Production team in pursuit of key operational metrics of quality, output and waste. Ensuring that you are reactive in times of deviations from the agreed targets.
- Have had some experience in leading continuous improvements and problem-solving initiatives which contribute to savings within the department/company.
Communication & Partnership
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with the SLT team when needed particularly in times when the Shift Operations Manager may be away from the business.
- Ensure daily handovers between departments are completed - ensuring the relevant detail is captured so each shift oncoming is a success.
- Work closely with the procurement and planning team to ensure meal output meets sales demand.
- Work well with multiple functional teams including People, Engineering, Technical, Warehouse and Order fulfilment to drive well thought out and cohesive plans
Our Culture & Values
- Understanding that squad member engagement drives operational excellence and People Leaders play a crucial role in making Butternut Box the best place they’ve ever worked.
- Be present in the Kitchen, ensuring you are available to proactively support the team, help find solutions and action change.
- Messages and key communications are delivered to the teams and key stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner. You’ll have an excellence awareness of how your communication style impacts on others and you’ll tailor this to your audience.
- Confidently undertake meaningful and regular 1:1’s with Squad members, ensuring they feel heard and that their feedback is important to you. You’ll consider their career aspirations, skills and background and tailor your style to their needs.
A bit about you:
- Loves dogs (naturally)
- Strong production background in an FMCG manufacturing environment
- Experience in a high-speed volume manufacturing environment
- Leadership experience with broad working knowledge of relevant safety legislation
- Pragmatic, adaptable, resilient and humble
- Well-practiced planning, organisation and scheduling skills
- Someone who loves the pace and excitement of FMCG manufacturing
- Hungry for a challenge and keen to build something from the ground up
- Easily approachable with good interpersonal skills, with creative thinking and analytical skills
- Drives for results, action oriented, problem solving, priority setting
🐶 A bit about us
At Butternut, our mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, we need a team of forward-thinking, driven people who love dogs as much as we do. And we need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why we have built one.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen will be the place where all the magic happens, so to speak. It's where our tasty Butternut meals and treats will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients because, the way we see it, you wouldn't serve food to dogs that you wouldn't be happy to eat yourself. At Butternut, we believe dogs deserve better, and if that's something you think too, we want to hear from you.
Butternut has come a long way since Kev & Dave (Co-Founders) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, and we are now looking for brilliant people to join the team for this next part of our story.
Are you up for the challenge?
🙌 A bit about what we offer
- 257.5 hours of holiday per year, plus an additional 8 hours per year of service (to a total of 5 years)
- 39 hours of pre-booked “Paws days” to support good wellbeing and self care.
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
!! A few things to note
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- There is no specific date this role will go down but we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.